Pulled The Trigger

Geologyhound

Figuratively if not literally (wished they still had pinpointing triggers).  Ordered a new Deus 2 full 9” with WSA2 XL and MI6 today.  Should arrive by Friday!

42 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Congrats, Geologyhound, that's what I run and couldn't be happier with it.  Happy hunting!

Thanks, and I may have to ask for some pointers!

Congratulations, it's a great machine. What do you plan to use it for? Relics? Beach? Parks? All of the above? 😀

There are many knowledgeable users, definitely ask for help if you need it. 🙂

I typically hunt old parks, picnic groves, historical schools, fairgrounds, residences, etc.  But, I would love to use it around old Civil War camps or battle sites if I can get permission. I would really like to find a Civil War bullet.  Not too many beaches around my neck of the woods in the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana tri-state area. But, I have hunted some old swimming holes and beaches with my XLT in years past.

Wise decision all around and a good purchase.Judging bye the types of sites that you hunt, the D2 with the nine will not disappoint, IMHO.

8 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

I would really like to find a Civil War bullet.

Put the 13x11" coil on your wish list for later. 🙂 For relic hunting it's proving to be a bit phenomenal, I have that corroborated by a person long familiar with the Deus.

I've had the D2 for over a year now, and have to say it works like I would expect a detector to work. They really have put a lot of effort into giving us a very versatile machine. I'm glad they are being very careful to test and verify the upcoming update, but I'm also very happy with it as is.

i have been eyeing the mi4 for a while now coming from a garret carrot. isnt the mi6 bigger and the only difference is it connects to your deus audio?

i only use vibrate mode as i think that is far superior to listening to the audio. so i have no idea why someone would want to listen to the annoying hiss of a pin pointer in their headphones!

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Put the 13x11" coil on your wish list for later. 🙂

This is another reason why I went with the Deus.  I figure I can add another coil later and since I have the WS6, I could run the full version and one of my kids could run the master version for just the price of the extra coil.