Another Day At The Big Farm With A Friend

F350Platinum

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!???

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!???

Thanks Joe, it was the last thing I found there near the house.

• Like 1

Could your wavy “coin” be a rowel off a spur?

• Like 1

My wife says it is the wheel of a pastry cutter. She immediately looked it up on Rubylane.com. 1880s English brass pastry cutter. It looks exact. She’s good on IDs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, congrats again, you certainly got something to crow about! ?

I thought the wavey coin was a spur rowel too for a bit, but it has no pronounced bumps or points on the rim. I have to agree with JCR's wife and go with the wheel from a pastry cutter.

That fancy buckle is very unusual and the other buckle, IHPs, and chicken are awesome as well. Well done again!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JCR said:

Could your wavy “coin” be a rowel off a spur?

Right after posting that occurred to me as well. Might explain why other parts weren't found, like broken spur bits. I looked it up, and only found the pointy ones so I didn't mention it. I have seen that style before, but only on toy spurs. ?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JCR said:

My wife says it is the wheel of a pastry cutter. She immediately looked it up on Rubylane.com. 1880s English brass pastry cutter. It looks exact. She’s good on IDs.

This also explains it, and more accurately I think, as the parts for that sort of tool would be long gone.

Please thank your wife for me! I think she nailed it. ??1880s-English-Brass-Pastry-Tool-Weston-Table-SP.thumb.jpg.b715030b6d670475cbbb186221a56054.jpg

• Like 3