Patch Hunting With Axiom

Hi all,

My new Axiom is the wireless package with the 13x11 DD and 11x7 Mono coils.  Initially I will be using it to patch hunt in unfamiliar areas rather than cleaning up old known patches.  I'm thinking the 13X11 DD would be an okay choice to use even though a 13x11 Mono might punch deeper.  I may have to drop down to the 11x7 Mono in brushy tree covered areas.  Any advice on this strategy will be greatly appreciated.  

I own a GPZ 7000 but it gets heavier each year.  If I locate a patch or two I can bring out the big gun.  💪

• Like 1

That's a tough call at the moment, I'm really hoping we will see some more coils very soon, so best bet might be to use the coils you have for now. I'd love a 14" x 9" mono for patch hunting, but right now it's either the 13" mono or 16" mono. In theory the 16" mono covers the ground, but I kind of hate going that large as it screws up the balance. It would be ok in flat terrain, but I'd not want to use it in the hills for a long day without harness support.

I guess if it was me right now given the options it would be the 13DD or 13 mono since I have both. In your case though I just feel like buying a 13" mono is not the answer - I'd hold out at least a bit longer in hopes of more options.

It would help if I put all my coils on a postal scale for a weigh in. Most are prototypes so I was putting it off, but I can't see the weight being any different on the production coils. I'll get on it and report back by end of today.

• Like 3