Ring Hallmarks Info Needed...

There is always someone on this forum that has the correct answer so here goes...

I dug this ring on the beach on Monday afternoon.  It is marked 750 and a has a hallmark that appears to be a wolf head facing left to the right of it.  Over the wolf is SA and under it is MRM with the R about half a space lower than the M M.  The attached is a facsimile that is about as good as I could come up with.  The "wolf head" is to small to photograph with my smartphone but I could make it out with a 60X loupe.  The 750 and wolf head are stamped on the outside of the ring too.  No hallmarks on the inside of the ring at all.  It has 37 tiny diamonds mounted on it.  It is a pretty little thing.  It weighs 2.85g and is size 6.  

Does anyone have any idea of a Maker or even a country of origin?  

Thanks,

Joe

IMG_3859 (1).jpg

IMG_3865 (1).jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

That's a tough one. I looked for a while and couldn't find anything like what you drew. Found some wolf heads, but not like that.

Beautiful 18k find. I bet your eyeballs jumped out when you saw that in the scoop!

3 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

That's a tough one. I looked for a while and couldn't find anything like what you drew. Found some wolf heads, but not like that.

Beautiful 18k find. I bet your eyeballs jumped out when you saw that in the scoop!

TampaBayBrad,

It did raise my eyebrows a bit. LOL  It was one of eight rings that hunt so it was nice to see color in the scoop and know without looking that it was gold.  I think that this is my first gold ring with hallmarks on the outside.  And the drawing is pretty rough depiction but also pretty accurate.  It is an angry looking wolf with its mouth open as it is ready to chomp down on it's prey.  My first thought for the SA was South Africa but who knows. (someone knows) LOL

Very pretty ring, congrats on the find!

I've never seen a hallmark or carat stamp on the outside of a ring, but I read somewhwere that is not uncommon for Eastern European jewelry. That wolf logo looks familiar, but I can't place it. "SA" with "Italy" stamped usually means made in Salerno Italy, but I've also seen the SA stamp on jewelry from China. Sorry that's not much help. A local jeweler could probably give you better information.

6 hours ago, cuniagau said:

TampaBayBrad,

It did raise my eyebrows a bit. LOL  It was one of eight rings that hunt so it was nice to see color in the scoop

OH!... I forgot you were in Cali. Standard Operating Procedure for you guys out there with the storms! 😆

Just FYI, there's a free app called "SuperVision+ Magnifier" for the iPhone, and possibly for other smartphones also.  It's very useful for getting extreme closeup views/photos.