New Detector, Old Permission.

Took my new/used CTX out for its first hunt. This was a 1935 site I hit hard last Fall with a Nox 600.

I was impressed with how the CTX rooted out coins-on-edge and those buried amongst the trash.

'16 dime, '46 dime, '44 quarter, and 21 pennies.

The '46 dime completed my collection of Canadian silver dimes from '38 to '68.

I used the "User" button to cycle between the factory "coin" program (50 tones) and a custom program (5 tones, combined). The soil was wet, full of bottle caps and iron bits. Auto Sensitivity (+3) reduced the number of false signals. Response: "Normal".  Target Separation: "Ferrous/coin".

I didn't find the CTX's weight overly taxing on my old body. If anything, it encouraged me to slow my swing-rate a bit. Not a bad thing....

thumbnail_20230419_135517.jpg

thumbnail_20230419_134626.jpg

Nice finds. I like the old Canadian coins and designs. I find a few in northern Michigan. I've got some Canadian LC's. They come out of the ground in mint condition.

I'm 30 miles south of the Mackinaw Bridge close to the town of Indian River. It is nice up here.

Nice silver Foggy, Way back when, I dug a couple of Canadian silver quarters and dimes. 1983 I think, Last time I ever saw one. Kinda rare here in PA.  Good job!!

11 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice finds. I like the old Canadian coins and designs. I find a few in northern Michigan. I've got some Canadian LC's. They come out of the ground in mint condition.

I agree. The Canadian Large cents had a bit more tin and less zinc than the small cent coins. They're a bit more like bronze, and tend to develop a nice green or light brown patina in the ground.