Paired Mi-6 Settings...

ecoast

my MI-6 showed up and I only had a couple minutes yesterday to pair/evaluate

--is there a way to have pulse audio(beep) thru hf  w/vibe?

it seems to only do pitch audio when paired, but literally only spent 5 mins with it

I understand the first 6 settings are when using it as 'stand alone'/not paired

You choose  vibration or no vibration in the mi6’s menus system. However the audio will match the audio of the program that you are running on the deus control unit.(either square or pwm). Also you control the mi6 sensitivity via the control unit. 

yep; just went and fooled with it

too bad the audio is not programmable based on preference; it is in fact unfortunately tied to each program's audio settings....

damnbit

more food for update!

Agreed. You can set some preferrences and save it as a 4th MI-6 preset on the remote, but the audio is tied to the audio (PWM or Square) of the search program being used at the time. It would be nice if you could save the audio type (PWM or Square) preferrence of the paired MI-6 to be the same across all search programs. It would also be cool to be able to use vibrate with or without the MI-6 audio in the headphones. But that's just me.

MI-6 Paired Programs.jpg

6 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

also be cool to be able to use vibrate with or without the MI-6 audio in the headphones. But that's just me.

That's me too.  Keeping Vibrate in paired/remote would be a great feature addition.  Not sure why they excluded it, but it might have something to do with preserving run time as I've noticed that in non-pairex standalone mode, run time is significantly decreased.  

The biggest issue with the MI-6 is keeping it connected to the D2. Yesterday at a site out in the open country, After multiple attempts powering the MI-6 on -off, I had to unpair/re-pair it to get it to connect to the D2.  The whole process took longer than finding the target in the plug.  

Others have posted that EMI causes this, but…none or very little EMI present yesterday.   My Z-Lynk PP does not have this issue.  I hope XP mitigates  the connection issue in the next release of the firmware for the D2.

40 minutes ago, DIG5050 said:

Others have posted that EMI causes this, but…none or very little EMI present yesterday.   My Z-Lynk PP does not have this issue.  I hope XP mitigates  the connection issue in the next release of the firmware for the D2.

This happens to me sometimes as well, I've found that it occurs when the detector is "busy", or detecting something. Not so much recently as I probably have subconsciously changed the way I do retrievals to avoid the pinpointer not connecting.

It tends to connect better when fully charged as well, but these are speculations only.

The connection issue seems to be tied to individual PP/remote combos also as well as environment/EMI and timing.  Also, just because EMI doesn't show up audibly on your detector doesn't necessarily mean there isn't EMI from cell towers or WiFi sources even in rural situations without obvious line of sight sources of radio interference. I have a PP that seems to connect reliably >99% of the time and a backup that has issues much more frequently.   This PP connectivity problem has been an issue for years dating back to the first release of the Mi6 in 2017 and there have been several updates to attempt to address the issue that have shown incremental improvements.  Definitely got better for me going to the D2. Hope they finally figure out a way to make all the Mi6 PPs connect reliably not just a fraction of them.  

Finally, if you are suffering from frequent disconnects or unreliable connections with the Mi6, make XP stand behind their product by contacting them and demanding warranty support.  They may just swap out your PP for one that connects more reliably.  Like I said, there appears to be some variability in pinpointer connection reliability due to manufacturing differences or a marginal antenna design.

Mi6 warranty is 2 years.

On 5/6/2023 at 9:33 AM, ecoast said:

my MI-6 showed up and I only had a couple minutes yesterday to pair/evaluate

--is there a way to have pulse audio(beep) thru hf  w/vibe?

it seems to only do pitch audio when paired, but literally only spent 5 mins with it

I understand the first 6 settings are when using it as 'stand alone'/not paired

The damn thing is a pain in my. Unpairs/ mode changes just turning on and off are plain ol frustrating. Tried using in a creek couldn't hear it with ws6, no vibrate paired. Unpaired it vibrate weak to barely feel it in swifter water. I like the idea,design and goes along with the xp system,wsa ll xl,pouch, phone pouch for belt is nice, etc. Quest max is better pointer imo

I too have had failure to connect when turning on the MI-6. I keep my MI-6 on my pouch on the left side of my body and I detect right-handed. One thing I've noticed is if I grab the pinpointer and turn it on too fast I think my body blocks the connection to the remote and it will either not connected or do a delayed connect. So now I make sure the MI-6 is clear of my body before I hit the on button and it connects every time. This may not work for everyone's case, but it's worked for me.