Paired Mi-6 Settings...

ecoast

I think that you're on to something there Captain i have been having a lot of problems in that regard as well.Matter of fact I had to restrain myself from throwing mine into the river a few days ago.I got a hold of myself thankfully and put it into my pack and brought out the trusty old carrot.

I guess I’m one of the lucky ones. I keep my pointer on my shovel handle and drag it with my left hand and detect right handed. It is only after I drop down and set my Deus to the side do I retrieve and turn on the pointer. Connects every time. I luv my Mi 6

Same here, Carolina, I won't be without my MI-6 and an occasional quirk is not going to change my mind. If it doesn't connect (which is rare now), I just turn it off and on again and it's all good. 😎

18 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I too have had failure to connect when turning on the MI-6. I keep my MI-6 on my pouch on the left side of my body and I detect right-handed. One thing I've noticed is if I grab the pinpointer and turn it on too fast I think my body blocks the connection to the remote and it will either not connected or do a delayed connect. So now I make sure the MI-6 is clear of my body before I hit the on button and it connects every time. This may not work for everyone's case, but it's worked for me.

Likewise. I get down on my left knee and pull the pinpointer from my left side while the detector is sitting on the ground to my right.  My right leg blocks the pinpointer from connecting.  I have to turn it off, hold it over the remote and turn it on again.  

I am half of the mind to operate the pinpointer in standalone mode. This is because I would prefer the main coil still be active while I’m pinpointing.  With my old detector I would always  take scoops out with a plastic cup wave them over the coil and if there’s nothing there it goes on the towel.  it takes more time to nose all around the cup with the pinpointer, and I still sometimes miss the target is in the cup.  Once the target is in the cup, it’s easy to get by 50% reduction and a quick wave over the main coil.  But, turning the pinpointer off and on each time I want to wave the cup is a pain.

I also wish there was a way to switch the pinpointer from side sensitive nose sensitive.  It’s nice to have the wider field when you’re trying to find where the target is in the hole.  But if there are multiple metal items in one hole, it can sometimes be difficult to pin point when you keep picking up a signal from the side.

The delay in turning the MI six on and off is also sometimes tricky.  I don’t know what I’ve done but occasionally it has gone into some different mode and refuses to connect and refuses to turn off.  So I sit there and fiddle with it for a couple of minutes until it finally turns off so I can turn it back on again so it will connect.

For all of the issues, I feel it is still a better pinpointer than my 25 (-ish) year old Bullseye…

I gave up on it in paired mode. I'm just using it as a stand alone.  Along with all the other problems I am not happy having to turn it off when I can't find the target with it and have to use the detector to see where it is and then have to turn the PP on again to continue ... 

12 hours ago, martygene said:

I gave up on it in paired mode. I'm just using it as a stand alone.  Along with all the other problems I am not happy having to turn it off when I can't find the target with it and have to use the detector to see where it is and then have to turn the PP on again to continue ... 

agree

it seems with all the tech we could have a few more options to make the MI-6 more "configurable"

I cannot seem to get vibe when paired...smh

I have found that the MI-6 needs to be In front of the RC when powering it on. If the RC is behind me, it sometimes does not switch over. So now, I lay my detector further forward, then grab the ponpointer and hit the power button while it's infront of the RC (Screen side). I think maybe the wifi stream between the coil and RC interferes with the MI-6 pairing? Anyway, just a guess there, but that's what I find works for me

My son bought an MI-6 shortly after I purchased one and communicated how well it worked linked with the D2. His connected about 1/3 of the time so he stopped using it paired. My MI-6 connected more reliably when it was new. Now it requires several power cycles to connect about 1/3 of the time, and an occasional unpair/pair cycle. Frustrating. 

As losfinders stated, holding near or front of  the RC seems to remedy the connection issue, but in my case doesn’t always work. 😞