Waiting For Version 1.1

Gino

3 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

Thanks Chase - There's always been detectors that were better than another at one thing or another but the reverse is usually true also. I sure wouldn't trade the Deus II for a Legend because of coil choice and value is somewhat subjective. Less money but heavier is a deal breaker for some I'm sure. 

I'm still waiting (after 47 years) for that one detector that does it all perfectly. I'll probably croak with the detectors I currently have.

Thanks

Tom

I don't like it when I have to make a video about a detector's deficiency in one or more aspects of detecting. I also don't like waiting months for a software update to possibly make that deficiency better.

I am not getting any younger and swinging 3+ lbs detectors is no longer my favorite thing no matter how well they detect.

So, I didn't buy a Deus 2 so that it would sit at home when I decide to do some gold prospecting with a VLF.

I also didn't include a simultaneous multi frequency program called Gold Field on Deus 2.

XP did and they screwed up that program.

I have been saying and backing this up with three different videos since I got my hands on one. Other very experienced USA based gold prospectors have said the same. After almost a year and a half of waiting for a software update or at least an answer to my emails to XP, I did finally get a very good response that makes me feel hopeful. XP have acknowledged in writing that there really is a problem with that program. 

Until it is fixed I won't be using it for gold prospecting. Instead I would pick four different SMF detectors over Deus 2. Two are in the video I linked. Two more were mentioned by Chase. I would also pick an XP Deus 1 or an ORX over Deus 2 for gold prospecting 10 times out of 10 right now since they can use the HF coils. Unfortunately I sold my Deus 1 and ORX in order to but Deus 2.

Otherwise, I am extremely happy with my purchase of a Deus 2.

I want to be clear. There is nothing subjective or just a matter of opinion about Deus 2's FMF Goldfield being very inferior even to its own Mono program. It's a fact.

Some people have said "hey, who cares I mean, I don't use my Deus 2 for gold prospecting......"

Well, I care and I am not going to shut up about it until its fixed.

If XP can make FMF Goldfield at least as good as its competitors, I might actually finally be able to say that Deus 2 is the best detector I have ever used for where I hunt, the way I hunt and for the targets I hunt.

Hope that answers your challenge to name some competitors.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, brys said:

Many old timers need the Deus for their aching bones 

A fate that is unavoidable for all of us, no matter our delusions of invincibility 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

After hearing some flimsy rumors about it I was disappointed to learn that they didn't adjust the ID's to isolate nickels from pulltabs. A minor thing I know but I just love nickels.

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

A fate that is unavoidable for all of us, no matter our delusions of invincibility 🤣

True words of wisdom 350....However there is an unfortunate alternative which is gloomy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

I'm still waiting (after 47 years) for that one detector that does it all perfectly.

Doesn’t exist and will likely never exist.  If I need to cover ALL the bases, I need at last two different types of detectors.  A PI and an induction balance VLF.  If I were forced to only possess two detectors (not counting a pinpointer) they would be (right now) the Garrett Axiom and the Deus 2 - I would have prospecting, hot dirt relic/coin, salt beach, submerged fresh and saltwater, coin and jewelry shooting, meteorite hunting, contest hunting, hoard hunting all covered.  They are able to be broken down such that I could put them both in a backpack and pack them in to a remote area on foot, e bike, or ATV.

• Like 6

Of course the perfect detector could be ridden into remote areas and they would be easily converted into a tent, sleeping bag, and stove. Better yet, a class A motorhome with stocked bar. 🙂 

• Haha 1