V1.0... I Think I'll Keep It!

I was very happy with the new audio and then this silencer f...up happened. I did my own ground testing today and it's like a stab in the back. Deus is known for his spectacular work in iron, one of the finest machines.

I can live for example with loss of depth or another problem, depth is not important for me.

But this... this is unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, Zord said:

I was very happy with the new audio and then this silencer f...up happened. I did my own ground testing today and it's like a stab in the back. Deus is known for his spectacular work in iron, one of the finest machines.

I can live for example with loss of depth or another problem, depth is not important for me.

But this... this is unacceptable.

Ever since Deus 1, I basically stayed away from heavy use of silencer and relied on other methods and tells for falsing iron.  As far as I was concerned, with or without silencer. Deus 2 still handled thick iron environments very well.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Ever since Deus 1, I basically stayed away from heavy use of silencer and relied on other methods and tells for falsing iron.  As far as I was concerned, with or without silencer. Deus 2 still handled thick iron environments very well.

I agree

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zord said:

I was very happy with the new audio and then this silencer f...up happened.

What's going on with silencer? I'm out of the loop, and searching the forums didn't yield any results for me. Can someone fill me in, please?

I was out with new version Yesterday. I have a feeling that audio response is a little bit "stronger" than before. I had quite loud signal, but it was only a small piece of something. Also other signals were bigger/stronger. Like I had v.71 and boosted audio response from 4 to 6.

What are your observations regarding audio response compared to previous version?

1 hour ago, SwiftSword said:

What's going on with silencer? I'm out of the loop, and searching the forums didn't yield any results for me. Can someone fill me in, please?

Click on the videos posted by Zord earlier and you will get an idea.  Basically folks are complaining that going from a 1 to 2 setting on silencer will result in significant masking of mid-conductive, non-ferrous targets co-located with nails in the same plane and above the target in the direction of swing negating fast reactivity settings.  Silencer appears on the surface to be a lot more aggressive than the same silencer setting on ver 0.71.  I postulated that it was XP's aggressive response to iron falsing complaints with ver 0.71.  To be fair, Silencer range of adjustment was expanded to 7 from 5.  With a larger range of adjustment, people are understandably thinking that would also translate into a more gradual increase in filtering effects as you make step change increases in the silencer filter vs. what is being observed. 

I think some time is needed to fully vet these changes before making knee jerk hyperbolic claims of unsuitability of this release.  There may indeed be needed near-termtweaks to ver 1.0 at the end of the day, but let's get through the growing pains and see what shakes out to be real show stopper issues.  So far I haven't seen anything that is a serious flaw or that can't be worked around.

• Like 7

Non-ferrous targets in the same plane with nails are fine in v1.0.

Problem is with iron above targets, even with silencer 1 and sometimes 0, depends on size and shape of iron.

v0.71 was much better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zord said:
It's not mine.
Just check for yourself, it doesn't have to be the exact configuration. You can use even one elevated iron item.

There are 4 videos on sharpshooters channel comparing silencer 2 in v.71 to v1.0 with the same coil. There does seem to be something going on. I believe he has notified Deus.

guys I think this version is not bad but after a year to make this update ... 
we want to talk about the clock?? still not working nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo absurd!

• Like 1