Clock Issues

Carolina

I guess V 1.1 did not fix the clock issues ? I have two friends with issues. Anybody hear anything I missed ? Thanks

Only had the problem a couple of times before the update, It's held the correct time since then. Mostly it has been spot on.

• Like 2

My clock still isn't functioning correctly with either V1.0 or V1.1. It seems to work ok for a day or two then goes out by a lot.

Being this was a well known issue, and it wasn't addressed in the recent update(s), makes me wonder if it's more than a software issue?

• Like 1

I haven't had time to study this in detail.  I have noticed my clock going badly out of whack at least once since I upgraded everything to V1.10

I believe, but haven't yet tested my theory, that the clock goes wrong when pairing a different coil and/or some other accessory.

I've seen something out on the internet showing what someone purported to be a reply from XP, in response to a request to fix the clock problem, saying that XP didn't see fixing this as a high priority (or some other words to that effect).

My personal theory is that the problem may lie in a piece of code that XP themselves have licensed from someone else - and that they actually have no control over how to fix it.  It's not uncommon these days, where individual chips are in fact little systems in their own right, e.g things like wireless communications.  If I'm right, this would tie in with the idea that pairing is a trigger for the problem, as it may well involve running a piece of someone else's proprietary code.

At least I can keep my cellphone on and the D2 is clever enough not to be bothered by EMI from it - and keep time that way.

I think it's funny that the clock goes wrong, because actually, when I'm having a good hunt I lose all sense of time anyway! Maybe what would be most useful would be an alarm to tell you dinner's ready!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mine was off a few times with V0.71. It was correct after V1.0 update and has been correct with V1.1 even after pairing with different coils and headphones.

Maybe try re-updating for those still having problems with the clock. It may well be a glitch in the clock code.

• Like 3