Newbie Englishman From Spain

CostaDave

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to metal detecting and and can only detect on the local beaches. In about five weeks I found a silver chain, tungsten carbide ring, sixty euros, toy cars and loads of screws, nails, bottle tops and ring pulls but I now know what some of the trash sounds like plus the numbers they are so it i am digging less trash.  Enjoying the fresh air and the early mornings on the beach as well. 

With regards,

Dave with a Nokta Simplex 

Welcome from East Texas.

5 hours ago, CostaDave said:

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to metal detecting and and can only detect on the local beaches. In about five weeks I found a silver chain, tungsten carbide ring, sixty euros, toy cars and loads of screws, nails, bottle tops and ring pulls but I now know what some of the trash sounds like plus the numbers they are so it i am digging less trash.  Enjoying the fresh air and the early mornings on the beach as well. 

With regards,

Dave with a Nokta Simplex 

Welcome to the Hobby and the Forum.

Good Luck & Have Fun

Welcome aboard Dave !

Sounds like you're doing pretty good.👍 

A clue for you.   When you discriminate out the junk numbers... some form of gold is gonna have the same ID , just not nearly as often though ! 🥸  Arrrrrrrrgh , now ya knowwww. 😉

That is always a worry if mine, I tend to ignore 04 as it's always nails or screws, 33 is always pull tabs, 65 to 99 is either money or the dreaded bottle tops and loud squealers are coke cans. My goal is to find anything gold but as yet no luck, I do dig a lot of the trash just in case, I'll keep trying until I find some.

Cheers,

Dave

On 22/7/2023 at 2:45 ΜΜ, CostaDave said:

Αυτό είναι πάντα ανησυχητικό αν το δικό μου, τείνω να αγνοώ το 04, καθώς είναι πάντα καρφιά ή βίδες, το 33 είναι πάντα έλξεις, το 65 έως το 99 είναι είτε χρήματα ή τα τρομακτικά μπουκάλια και τα δυνατά τσιρίσματα είναι κουτάκια οπτάνθρακα. Ο στόχος μου είναι να βρω οτιδήποτε χρυσό, αλλά ακόμα δεν έχω τύχη, σκάβω πολλά σκουπίδια για κάθε ενδεχόμενο, θα συνεχίσω να προσπαθώ μέχρι να βρω μερικά.

Στην υγειά σας,

Ντέιβ

Numbers can at any time be affected by ores as well as debris in close proximity to the target. It has happened to me several times in difficult terrain to take out iron ID when the aim was good.