X-Terra Pro Pack

I would love to see Minelab come out with a 3 coil "Pro Pack" for the Xterra Pro. The V8X, V10X and the V12X, along with a module similar to the WM 08 from the Equinox 800, so we can run any LL wireless, or wired, headphones of our choice. That is all...

• The title was changed to X-Terra Pro Pack

The wireless is complicated, it looks like they've used Bluetooth LE and customized its connection protocol so only their products talk to it, this was possible with the codec but I didn't think they would go as low as doing so, it turns out they possibly have.  They likely configured their headphones for a low bitrate to enhance latency and it won't accept anything else, some Manticore owners have been pushing for a WM08 type box for it, and if it came out one day it would likely work on the X-terra too.  If they're sticking to this Bluetooth LE for some years and future models  it would make sense for them to offer a WM(LE) module just to allow people to use their own audio options.

The most likely way you'd get the coils bundled like that is at the dealer as a package deal price more so than Minelab doing it unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

The wireless is complicated, it looks like they've used Bluetooth LE and customized its connection protocol so only their products talk to it, this was possible with the codec but I didn't think they would go as low as doing so, it turns out they possibly have.  They likely configured their headphones for a low bitrate to enhance latency and it won't accept anything else, some Manticore owners have been pushing for a WM08 type box for it, and if it came out one day it would likely work on the X-terra too.  If they're sticking to this Bluetooth LE for some years and future models  it would make sense for them to offer a WM(LE) module just to allow people to use their own audio options.

The most likely way you'd get the coils bundled like that is at the dealer as a package deal price more so than Minelab doing it unfortunately.

I don't care what they call the wireless module as long as they offer one. They did offer multiple coils on the Vanquish 540 Pro Pack with the V8 and the V12. Having used Minelab for over 30 years, I know they probably wouldn't offer what I want, but I'm sure a lot of people, like myself, are holding off buying the Xterra Pro because of the lack of coil, or headphone, selection. I think  we're still allowed to hope, can't we?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/21/2023 at 3:37 PM, TexHunter said:

I don't care what they call the wireless module as long as they offer one. They did offer multiple coils on the Vanquish 540 Pro Pack with the V8 and the V12. Having used Minelab for over 30 years, I know they probably wouldn't offer what I want, but I'm sure a lot of people, like myself, are holding off buying the Xterra Pro because of the lack of coil, or headphone, selection. I think  we're still allowed to hope, can't we?

Tex good evening. I trust you saw the post on the WM09 module. However I don't think the module will be capable of pairing to a set of wireless buds or headphones. Hope I'm wrong. But if not mistaken it will only give you the option for plug in third party devices. Which  to say its definitely a step in the right direction. After buying a 900 and Xterra Pro the headphone issue was one of the reasons I cancelled my order. As far as coils, hell Minelab can't even get one out for the Manticore, whats it been, almost a year ? I think a coil package might just be a bridge too far. lol. But we can hope.

• Like 1