Minelab Now Selling Models Made In China

38 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Doc, The last time I checked my body,  I had so many Minelab cuts, bruises and battle scares, I was afraid to look at myself in the mirror 🪞. They Minelab already has our names on the Wall of Flame..  They're waiting to burn 🔥 it.

No worries, I still have my award. The only problem is nobody currently working at Minelab USA even knows about it. 

I should have known the writing on the wall when I was presented this extremly rare, prestigious and valuable award at the Banquet.  I purchased over 1 million dollars in detectors in 1 fiscal year from 1 manufacturer (Minelab). Kellyco and I were the only ones.

This beauty is my reward.  No free truck, no free week in Hawaii, no free TV. Not even a free GPX-5000.  Just a piece of glass with my name on it. 

20231123_163558.thumb.jpg.7d20d2c130683b899322fe55d923bfcb.jpg

That folks is what you get for buying over $1,000,000.00 of Minelab detectors. :biggrin: laughing all the way to the bank.

Oh well, at least for a while I was pretty well known across the industry.  Now, just a more wise senior talking about the good ol days. 

It was fun though, you, AZO, Rob, Stu, and a few others.  Most aren't even around in the game anymore.  Kinda sad to see. 

Hey at least it's pretty.

Doc

• Like 1

I’m guessing all the care and quality designed components and manufacturing probably goes into Codan’s HF radios and transceivers. Codan equipment is very well regarded in Australia……I guess when you’re dealing with equipment that may relate to a life or death matter then quality and reliability isn’t something that is compromised. When it comes to metal detectors then maybe not so much. The problem is a GPZ7000 costs the same as two high end HF radios !!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Codan have just completed another aquisition in the Radio/communications side of their business.

ODAN EXPANDS ITS DOMO TACTICAL BROADCAST BUSINESS IN NORTH AMERICA THROUGH THE ACQUISITION OF WAVE CENTRAL LLC The Codan Group (Codan) (ASX:CDA) is pleased to announce that, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Domo Broadcast Holdings LLC, it has entered into a binding agreement to acquire 100% of the shares of Wave Central LLC (Wave Central), with completion to occur on 1 December 2023. Wave Central’s founders and senior management have all joined Codan’s Tactical Communications Broadcast division, Domo Broadcast, and will remain in the Wave Central business. Wave Central is a leading North American systems integrator of wireless broadcast equipment and creates industry specific products integrated with Domo Broadcast’s technology for sports, cinema and broadcast applications. Their product portfolio consists primarily of wireless video camera links and high-quality broadcast products using core Domo Broadcast technology. Wave Central has been Domo Broadcast’s primary distribution channel into the North American market for 15 years

Codan Limited - Acquisition of Wave Central LLC

Maybe one day they won't even make metal detectors anymore, they're only good when good targets can be found after all.

• Like 1