New Minelab X-Terra Voyager

20 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

The question is, will the coil be compatible with the Manticore.  :rolleyes:  I was also hoping for an operating frequency of 5.82 kHz, but 5.83 is fine, I guess.  Guess you have to keep your headphone plugged in to keep it IP68 compliant.

Seriously, though, nothing in the ML specs says it is IP68 compliant and it appears that only the coil is waterproof, ML should contact Amazon to correct the Amazon website spec listing or they are going to probably get some drowned detector returns.

This minelab Voyager seem very good. 

There Is a Little problem, on amazon.it ( italian Amazon). There Is sunpow brand that make this model, It looks like the Voyager ( price 98€) 

There Is a test on YouTube of the sunpow

Screenshot_2023-11-22-19-27-30-422_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

• Like 2

Sunpow largely just copied the Vanquish shaft, other Chinese manufacturers have been using the shaft too on the fake Gold Bug clones lately, and they've added the blacklight onto them now too.  I can buy it for cheaper than a coil for my GBP.  They also look to have improved the shaft with a better handle along with measurement marks for easy adjustment for different users.  This detector is using stolen technology from the Gold Bug Pro.

TX850.gif.7efd29b333282bcfabb36e6f38869d34.gif

Sunpow to their credit put a screen on a Pinpointer long before Nokta did.

Sunpowpinpointer.jpg.404e86747823909151194036c11e03b0.jpg

Sunpow also make a Go-Find looking detector that has target ID's so technically probably a lot better than a Go-Find and its 3 to 4 target segments depending on how much you're willing to pay for it.  This looks to be a detector they've made themselves and just looks like a Go-Find.

SunpowGo-Find.thumb.jpg.42f6ce692378a9dca8f1b82e57f80924.jpg

Note the shovels and accessories it comes with, I wonder if Sunpow are the manufacturer in China of the new Voyager detector.

The reason all this is relevant at least when people are buying online on sites like Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, Temu etc these are the competition it will have, some of the detectors people will see in their searches for low priced detectors, so Minelab's benefit will be the big brand name, these other detectors and there are hundreds of them will certainly have the price and even possibly feature advantages.  This is the market Minelab are now trying to compete with using their Voyager.  Best of luck! 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Sunpow largely just copied the Vanquish shaft, other Chinese manufacturers have been using the shaft too on the fake Gold Bug clones lately, and they've added the blacklight onto them now too.  I can buy it for cheaper than a coil for my GBP.  They also look to have improved the shaft with a better handle along with measurement marks for easy adjustment for different users.  This detector is using stolen technology from the Gold Bug Pro.

TX850.gif.7efd29b333282bcfabb36e6f38869d34.gif

Sunpow to their credit put a screen on a Pinpointer long before Nokta did.

Sunpowpinpointer.jpg.404e86747823909151194036c11e03b0.jpg

Sunpow also make a Go-Find looking detector that has target ID's so technically probably a lot better than a Go-Find and its 3 to 4 target segments depending on how much you're willing to pay for it.  This looks to be a detector they've made themselves and just looks like a Go-Find.

SunpowGo-Find.thumb.jpg.42f6ce692378a9dca8f1b82e57f80924.jpg

Note the shovels and accessories it comes with, I wonder if Sunpow are the manufacturer in China of the new Voyager detector.

The reason all this is relevant at least when people are buying online on sites like Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, Temu etc these are the competition it will have, some of the detectors people will see in their searches for low priced detectors, so Minelab's benefit will be the big brand name, these other detectors and there are hundreds of them will certainly have the price and even possibly feature advantages.  This is the market Minelab are now trying to compete with using their Voyager.  Best of luck! 

Sunpow has a Concentric coil vs. the DD on the Voyager...interesting

• Like 3

I don't want to believe that it is Minelab....in my opinion, as an entry level detector, they should have upgraded their entry level detector Go find /120 eur/, or Vanquish 340/230 eur/..

• Like 1

I hope it at least works enough so that it is not labeled "junk" otherwise the whole Minelab name takes a another hit. Maybe they made a lot of money on the Go Find series ?

I guess we wait and see, I will say my X pro exceeds its price in features and performance, now on Amazon for 259.  

The question remains: This Frequency of 5.82 kHz is for finding large objects, relics, watches and even natural gold from 5 grams upwards.

Because this frequency would not be able to detect a fine gold corrector. Which Minelab object has this lower frequency device? Or he will launch the X-Terra line.

I find anather one from china 😅12F.thumb.jpg.65bba66a953b79242b87f22b6228a97e.jpg12FF.thumb.jpg.1519429ff624d07e471e4dd086a00e17.jpg

Another icons and buttons, but all ather things and functions same.

It is very sad for me to see that Minelab did not create this device. Minelab only placed their logo on it :(((

No Minelab technology in this device. 😞 The 18 year old X-Terra 305/505 is more functional. 

If you place the X-terra 305 on a Vanquish shaft, add Vanquish coils and Bluetooth LE (or APTX LL), you get a more functional device (at same price, I think).

• Like 2

The lyrics say it all.  This could be the new Minelab theme song.

Sometimes I find another world
Inside my mind
When I realise
The crazy things we do
It makes me feel ashamed to be alive
It makes me wanna run away and hide
It's all 'bout the money
It's all 'bout the dum dum da da dum dum
I don't think It's funny
To see us fade away
It's all 'bout the money
And I think we got it all wrong anyway
We find strange ways of showing
Them how much we really care
When in fact
We just don't seem to care at all
And this pretty world
Is getting out of hand
So tell me how we fail to understand?
It's all 'bout the money
All 'bout the dum dum da da dum dum
I don? t think it's funny
To see us fade away
It's all 'bout the money
Anyway
Cause it's all 'bout the money
It's all 'bout the money
I don't think it's funny
To see us fade away
It's all 'bout the money
And I think we got it all wrong
Anyway
It's all 'bout the money
I don't think it's funny
To see us fade away
It's all 'bout the money
Anyway
  • Like 1

🙂

Today Minelab can sell any device under its own brand, because everyone knows Minelab = quality and technology. But tomorrow, when they really want to sell their device, people will say it’s just another Chinese garbage and buy Nokta 😀

• Like 1