V3i - Screen Replacement Substitute

chiil

Just saw these on Ebay, was wondering if it was the same seller, or units!🍀👍👍

20230821_161544.jpg

This is the one I bought.  Appeared to be new when it arrived, as described.  Worked without any issues, and had the words "SHARP" stamped on the back metal plate.  Since my wife accidentally threw the other LCD that came in the package - I ordered another one.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334078637655?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=cc9bpcpcs7u&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=j1_eyyGOQFq&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Just saw these on Ebay, was wondering if it was the same seller, or units!🍀👍👍

"toddm32" would be Todd Marshall, who runs the Centerville-West White's repair facility.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Thx for posting this @chiil, and thank you @geotech for the response you shared.  Todd at Centerville got me a factory Sharp display in perfect working order.  Got my display today and replaced in under 30 minutes.  No more backlight defects on the display!  

I did have to rework the foam backing spacers, but it was easy enough to transfer them to the new display with double sticky tape.

Here's to another 10 years or more!

Zincoln

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

My display was showing the same line, so I ordered two of the LCD displays from GetPartsToday on Ebay. I paid $19.90 for each, and they arrived today from Mass. Installation was easy and my screen is back to factory spec. They were Sharp LCDs so they were exact. Just a note to those that are not familiar with ribbon cables. The keeper on both cables is a dark grey color and its tight against the connector. I used a fine edge of razor blade to push the keepers away from the connector. No force is necessary in any phase of this replacement. Love having a regular screen now.

• Like 1