A Few Finds

Thought I would share a few finds from some of my last hunts. My last yard hunt was late in April. Too dry here. The rest of the finds were from city parks. A cool token, my first real shield nickel and my first Barber dime of the year were some of thehighlights. Thanks for looking in. Mark

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fr615231.jpg

Fr622231.jpg

Fr622232.jpg

Fr711232.jpg

10 minutes ago, markinswpa said:

Thought I would share a few finds from some of my last hunts. My last yard hunt was late in April. Too dry here. The rest of the finds were from city parks. A cool token, my first real shield nickel and my first Barber dime of the year were some of thehighlights. Thanks for looking in. Mark

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fr615231.jpg

Fr622231.jpg

Fr622232.jpg

Fr711232.jpg

So new to posting on this forum. I was using the Equinox 900 Field 2 5 tone Rec 4. no notch, no disc. all metal. The setting worked pretty good for me on the 800 so continue to use it.

Wow, so nice to see the old stuff! Old coin and Relic hunting is my favorite, I really miss it. 🥲

That's some great hunting there. 👍

Some really nice finds there! That would have me jazzed!

Great finds from the past, glad that you saved them.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

10 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow, so nice to see the old stuff! Old coin and Relic hunting is my favorite, I really miss it. 🥲

That's some great hunting there. 👍

9 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

Some really nice finds there! That would have me jazzed!

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great finds from the past, glad that you saved them.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

Thanks guys.  Our parks have been pretty well pounded but there is always a chance you could find something old.   Most md'rs don't even bother with them anymore. Not too many people carry money theses days so very little clad to be found. So the trick is kick the brush for the old stuff. Good luck to all.

18 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

A wise man indeed!

Thanks Brad. I also like the 6 in. coil. It can get  in close and works well.

13 hours ago, jim tn said:

Nice batch of older coins and tokens. The 900 seems to be working nicely. I like mine, too. Good luck! HH jim tn

Jim thank you. Yes the 900 does get it done. I've learned to deal with the jumpy numbers. I just don't look at the screen. Ha ha. I will say, even at a recovery speed of 4 ( my go to speed ) it is a very fast machine. If I had to complain it would be that I'm hitting very few deep targets. After 50 + outings with it I refuse to believe I haven't walk over some deep coins. I ran my 800 pretty much the same and had no trouble hitting 8 to 10 inch coins, and a few deeper than that. And that is with the 6 in coil. Sensitivity usually around 20-22. Anyway thanks and good luck to you