Looking For A Long Lost 18k Necklace In Lake Zürich With $28 Aliexpress Detector

Hi everybody, I lost a 28g 18k Cuban link necklace while swimming in lake Zürich 20 years ago. Now I ordered a SHRXY DIVE Q20 from China for about $27. Do I even have a chance to find my necklace using such a device? Unfortunately they didn't describe the frequency. There is also another model that uses 19.23 kHz for around $170.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

20 years ago,,wow !

Is this it ?

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Detector-Folding-Version-Detecting/dp/B09XGZXHV7?th=1

Chains are typically harder to find than things like rings and coins.

But yes , if it's still there and you put the detector over the chain , there is a good chance of finding it.  It might be too deep for any detector to find but ya never know , it might be right on top ! Wave action can do anything in a situation like this....

I'd first be worried someone has already found it in the last 20 years.

Wish you the very best of luck on your hunt !👍Let us know either way , somebody might have other suggestions...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwissGold said:

Γεια σε όλους, έχασα ένα κουβανέζικο κολιέ 28g 18k ενώ κολυμπούσα στη λίμνη της Ζυρίχης πριν από 20 χρόνια. Τώρα παρήγγειλα ένα SHRXY DIVE Q20 από την Κίνα για περίπου 27 $. Έχω την ευκαιρία να βρω το κολιέ μου χρησιμοποιώντας μια τέτοια συσκευή; Δυστυχώς δεν περιέγραψαν τη συχνότητα. Υπάρχει επίσης ένα άλλο μοντέλο που χρησιμοποιεί 19,23 kHz για περίπου 170 $.

how deep is the water where you will conduct the survey? Are you familiar with metal detectors?

Yes, gold chains can be tough to detect. Try your detector on another gold chain like it if you can. Also depends on how small the gold chain is. A high frequency detector like 40 khz and higher is best on gold chains. If you have too you could try to rent a metal detector like the Minelab Equinox 700, 900 with a 6" coil or a Nokta Gold Kruzer.

Not sure how well it will do if the chain is under a lot of sand, I found video of it being tested and it seems it will only detect a coin at 9 or so CM or 3 1/2", chains are much harder to detect than a coin so it may not even signal on the chain even if you get close to it.

Video

• Like 3

Chains are usually challenging to find even with high end detectors in the hands of experienced hunters. If you have a specific idea where it was lost you might consider trying to snatch it with a specialty rake made for finding chains. I have found chains with mine but it is very hard, physical work and I have found that using my Equinox with a 6" coil in "gold" mode to be more effective.

IMG_20200723_171432.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Compass said:

you might consider trying to snatch it with a specialty rake made for finding chains.

I didn't know such an animal existed. That thing looks like a weapon in a sci-fi movie.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

I didn't know such an animal existed. That thing looks like a weapon in a sci-fi movie.

Oh, I have to be careful when using it! 😬