Masters Of Metal - Minelab Promotional Contest

Can’t argue with any of that but Minelab still get one of my raised fingers……I’m not saying which one it is but it sure can swing wildly between a Thumbs Up 👍 and something else 😂

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2023 at 5:09 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

I appreciate the confidence and yes I'm quite skilled on a variety of detectors as many of you know it's a passion thing I've been doing for 50 yrs.

What I find interesting about this whole thing is Minelab wanting to charge the people.  If this was a metal detector dealer or club and they were putting on an Open Hunt with prizes, then yes it's been going on for years.  But a detector manufacture doing it just doesn't sit well with me.  Hey, I'm just one guy who is going off of past experiences in my 50 yrs swinging and when I used to run the circuit of Hunts in the NW back in the 80's and 90s.  I get it, times change.  Just like Big Box Stores selling detectors.  Heck at one time my Dealer Contract protected me from such.

Well things certainly do change and so who knows, maybe this is something that will be come normal.

One thing that's interesting is they left out the Western States and the Prospectors, but yet they call the contest "Masters of Metal".  I guess Gold Nuggets are not metal?  Interesting title though.

This is akin to the first m.d. contest I attended back around 196? put on by D Tex detectors and Bill Mahan. Only D Tex won .