Finally Made It Into The Green River Basin In Wyoming

1 hour ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Nope. I've heard of them, of course. There were a few diamonds found not far from there. They were found in gold sluices on the Owyhee River in both Oregon and Idaho. So, it's on my list. When I finally get into that country, I'll probably try for some sunstones, too.

Jim

Well if you ever do, Oregon has a square mile set aside for public sunstone prospecting.  There are also a couple fee dig locations with different payment structures.

i’ve always wanted to find a diamond even if it was junk. I hope you find a nice one!

5 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

Well if you ever do, Oregon has a square mile set aside for public sunstone prospecting.  There are also a couple fee dig locations with different payment structures.

i’ve always wanted to find a diamond even if it was junk. I hope you find a nice one!

If I do, you can bet I'll be posting pics and the story...LOL. I've been looking for almost 12 years.

Jim

5 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

Jim: 

Do you know, per chance, who did the drilling for diamonds, and if so can you share the information?  Just curious.

Steven, it was a company called Diamond-X. Or Diamond-EX....can't remember for certain. I think they      drilled 18 different locations if memories serve. Also, I think they found 9 pipes, but that may also be off. I found several of the spots they drilled. There are still old wooden survey stakes laying around.

Jim

Congratulations.  Nice stones.

Keep on and the diamonds will have to come.

Jim:

Thanks.  I know Cominco American (Company may have a different name now) was at one time conducting diamond exploration in that general area.  That is why I asked the question.  I was curious if they were the ones doing the drilling.  I was told that they had changed company names, but I'm not certain of the details.

Nice stuff. 

Have you ever looked for diamonds up by the Stateline district south of Foxpark or around that whole area? A lot claimed by companies but I know some people who had some luck finding some smaller diamonds there, after a lot of work. I used to dredge around there but if I ever found a diamond, I didn't recognize it. 

2 hours ago, jasong said:

Nice stuff. 

Have you ever looked for diamonds up by the Stateline district south of Foxpark or around that whole area? A lot claimed by companies but I know some people who had some luck finding some smaller diamonds there, after a lot of work. I used to dredge around there but if I ever found a diamond, I didn't recognize it. 

No, Jason, but I'd venture to guess there are k-pipes there. I know at least one good diamond was found on Cortez creek. My friend from South Africa has several claims on K-pipes a ways east of there. One near Tie Siding, not far from the old Kelsey Lake mine. That's just too far from our place to spend much time there.

Jim