Finally Made It Into The Green River Basin In Wyoming

1 hour ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Nope. I've heard of them, of course. There were a few diamonds found not far from there. They were found in gold sluices on the Owyhee River in both Oregon and Idaho. So, it's on my list. When I finally get into that country, I'll probably try for some sunstones, too.

Jim

Well if you ever do, Oregon has a square mile set aside for public sunstone prospecting.  There are also a couple fee dig locations with different payment structures.

i’ve always wanted to find a diamond even if it was junk. I hope you find a nice one!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

Well if you ever do, Oregon has a square mile set aside for public sunstone prospecting.  There are also a couple fee dig locations with different payment structures.

i’ve always wanted to find a diamond even if it was junk. I hope you find a nice one!

If I do, you can bet I'll be posting pics and the story...LOL. I've been looking for almost 12 years.

Jim

5 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

Jim: 

Do you know, per chance, who did the drilling for diamonds, and if so can you share the information?  Just curious.

Steven, it was a company called Diamond-X. Or Diamond-EX....can't remember for certain. I think they      drilled 18 different locations if memories serve. Also, I think they found 9 pipes, but that may also be off. I found several of the spots they drilled. There are still old wooden survey stakes laying around.

Jim

• Like 1

Congratulations.  Nice stones.

Keep on and the diamonds will have to come.

• Like 1

Jim:

Thanks.  I know Cominco American (Company may have a different name now) was at one time conducting diamond exploration in that general area.  That is why I asked the question.  I was curious if they were the ones doing the drilling.  I was told that they had changed company names, but I'm not certain of the details.

• Like 1

Nice stuff. 

Have you ever looked for diamonds up by the Stateline district south of Foxpark or around that whole area? A lot claimed by companies but I know some people who had some luck finding some smaller diamonds there, after a lot of work. I used to dredge around there but if I ever found a diamond, I didn't recognize it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jasong said:

Nice stuff. 

Have you ever looked for diamonds up by the Stateline district south of Foxpark or around that whole area? A lot claimed by companies but I know some people who had some luck finding some smaller diamonds there, after a lot of work. I used to dredge around there but if I ever found a diamond, I didn't recognize it. 

No, Jason, but I'd venture to guess there are k-pipes there. I know at least one good diamond was found on Cortez creek. My friend from South Africa has several claims on K-pipes a ways east of there. One near Tie Siding, not far from the old Kelsey Lake mine. That's just too far from our place to spend much time there.

Jim

• Like 1