Any Tips For Rusty Bottle Cap Rejection

I'm not having any problems with rusty bottle caps using default ferrous limits.  That's turf hunting, in one of the AT search modes.  I have dug so few of them, I can't even tell you what the signs are.  Crown bottle caps have just been a non-issue for me, even the Corona crown caps I used to dig so many with the 800, just haven't seen many come out of the ground using the Manticore.  It's one of the "likes" I have for the Manticore vs the 800, bottle caps are dang near a thing of the past, for me?

Aluminum screw caps, though... 

- Dave

I am also a little surprised that you are having an issue, I have dug a few old bottle caps, but I dug them just to confirm they were junk. 

Maybe you have a specific kind in your area that sound good ?

I usually run AT-fast or ATLC, I have learned the hard way that you have to be careful how high you push the sens in my parks. 

I am using beach general. Do you guys think that’s why  I mostly hunt the beach

the ferrous limits are also up high not stock  

I can’t believe none of you are having this issue  

Are the bottle caps completely being nulled for everyone 

not for me, my dirt they ring mid 40's, cross up nice.  sound a we bit high or ever so slightly scratchy....but so did that ONE ring I found so far.  Pull tabs...lol.. i know i should pass, but..but... ever have a bud dig a signal you passed on..then manage to work into conversation over and over.... 🤐

There are some caps that will appear out side of the normal disk mode on the M-Core but they are easily identified by their location on the screen...you can adjust your disk to block them out as most are well below the middle line...Some caps that have aluminum foil on them will read higher up but still easily identified by their tone and location on the screen...like the guys above I've not had any problems with steel caps the machine is as good as my CTX was for disking them out.

strick 

21 hours ago, stateguy said:

I am using beach general. Do you guys think that’s why  I mostly hunt the beach

the ferrous limits are also up high not stock  

I can’t believe none of you are having this issue  

Are the bottle caps completely being nulled for everyone 

Maybe you need a little more time with Manticore. I run upper limit 4 and lower limit 0 All Metal on in Beach Low Conductors. I can call most caps by looking at the 2D and listening along with the ID range of 40 to 50. 

After you dig enough of them you should be able to recognize them by remembering what they look/sound like without digging. Don't rely on totally discriminating them out....that ain't gonna happen unless you discriminate a bunch of good stuff.

Learn what the machine is telling you, remember what the cap looks/sounds like. Even then, you are taking a chance of missing some good stuff if you don't dig. No detector is going to say "that's a rusty cap...don't dig, it's not gold/good target".

You take your chances every time you don't dig.

I definitely need more time with the machine. 
i more or less can tell by looking at the screen  
but the initial sound that I hear makes me sound. Some sound good in both directions ( left too right). 
espically if there on the deep side they sound good in both directions. 
once again I don’t have a ton of time with the machine. Time will help but was looking for ways to tell that it a cap