One Of My Favorite Relic Finds Ever

1 minute ago, rvpopeye said:

Oh my goshk , that's older than I yam !

Good detecting spot , what brought it to your attention ?

Random detecting very old area woods listening for telltale iron targets that led me to this virgin homesite a number of years ago. I still go to this site but it’s Rare to pull up any non ferrous target these days. Still searching the woods in hope of wandering onto another hidden homesite like this one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is special.

You and I seem to have very similar hunting practices.What I mean is that we sometimes at least do our research with our imagination and legs and of course a lot of hard work.Very nice relic with a lot of history and I'm envious of your early and prolific site.

• Like 1

That's incredible and still using it. Nice.

5 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

You and I seem to have very similar hunting practices.What I mean is that we sometimes at least do our research with our imagination and legs and of course a lot of hard work.Very nice relic with a lot of history and I'm envious of your early and prolific site.

I go there now more for nostalgia than expecting finds other than small iron. I dream of the day I stumble onto another such site. They’re there, but it’s rough terrain and homesites were somewhat scarce throughout that period. Good thing is if you do find a site with no cellar hole or anything obvious, it’s more likely to be untouched, so that’s all the more reason to look for them. There is no LiDAR available and sat photog doesn’t show much due to the tree density. 
  Another special find from this site is this gold open thimble, engraved Germany. IMG_6379.thumb.jpeg.8b6bf25b9c1a128af512bdef3da597fc.jpeg

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Va Dave said:

Cool relic, likely a remnant of a colonial hoe, Here's a couple I found at an early site. I added one that looks similar to yours from Billy Dancy's artifact book.

PXL_20230901_230729450_2.jpg

PXL_20230901_230743758_2.jpg

PXL_20230901_232309062_2.jpg

Well I guess there goes my flagpole holder theory😟

• Sad 1