New Products Nokta

Luis

1 hour ago, markinswpa said:

So again, why all these new entry level detectors ? I have an Xterra Pro. Took it to an old city park and have to say the SF 's did about as well as when the update came out for the 800 with the 4k option. Which is to say in 4K or 8k, 10k and so on made every pulltab. beavertail and every other piece of nonferrous crap sound  and Id  like a good target.

Just my opinion from talking to a lot of beginner level detector users and from reading posts on some Nokta Legend/Simplex forums, along with Equinox, Manticore, and Deus 2 forums = there are plenty of people that do not want to learn how to metal detect. They want the detector to do that for them. We even have some people like that on this forum and there are plenty on YouTube that simply don't have the time, will power or brain power to really learn a detector. Manufacturers of detectors aren't particularly dumb. They see this trend just like I do and I am pretty dumb.

Personally, I think Minelab's weirdest move or most brilliant maybe????( but like I said I am pretty dumb so it's way above my comprehension level) was to put a selectable single frequency only detector into the fully waterproof X-Terra Pro form factor housing. They should have put a very simplified simultaneous multi frequency detector like the Vanquish into the X-Terra Pro instead. But, maybe as Mark described above, they are willing to let beginners get a taste of digging a lot of up averaged low conductor trash that sounds like high conductor treasure so they will graduate to a more advanced detector like their Equinox series or the Manticore. Who knows.

Anyway, Nokta's Legend and even the original Simplex and the latest Simplex Ultra are way more detector feature wise and menu navigation wise than most of these people that want the detector to do it all for them NOW, can handle. So, stick a little bit of the Legend's SMF tech into a waterproof detector housing with minimalist features and adjustments that can actually tell a low conductor from a high conductor and they will sell plenty of them and make some weekend warrior type beginners very happy. Maybe they will also figure out a way for the detector....... or come up with some other invention......to dig up the targets for many of these entry level folks who don't want to get dirty either.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Just my opinion from talking to a lot of beginner level detector users and from reading posts on some Nokta Legend/Simplex forums, along with Equinox, Manticore, and Deus 2 forums = there are plenty of people that do not want to learn how to metal detect. They want the detector to do that for them. We even have some people like that on this forum and there are plenty on YouTube that simply don't have the time, will power or brain power to really learn a detector. Manufacturers of detectors aren't particularly dumb. They see this trend just like I do and I am pretty dumb.

Personally, I think Minelab's weirdest move or most brilliant maybe????( but like I said I am pretty dumb so it's way above my comprehension level) was to put a selectable single frequency only detector into the fully waterproof X-Terra Pro form factor housing. They should have put a very simplified simultaneous multi frequency detector like the Vanquish into the X-Terra Pro instead. But, maybe as Mark described above, they are willing to let beginners get a taste of digging a lot of up averaged low conductor trash that sounds like high conductor treasure so they will graduate to a more advanced detector like their Equinox series or the Manticore. Who knows.

Anyway, Nokta's Legend and even the original Simplex and the latest Simplex Ultra are way more detector feature wise and menu navigation wise than most of these people that want the detector to do it all for them NOW, can handle. So, stick a little bit of the Legend's SMF tech into a waterproof detector housing with minimalist features and adjustments that can actually tell a low conductor from a high conductor and they will sell plenty of them and make some weekend warrior type beginners very happy. Maybe they will also figure out a way for the detector....... or come up with some other invention......to dig up the targets for many of these entry level folks who don't want to get dirty either.

Congratulations Jeff, you said it all. I am a Minelab metal detector owner, but i understand that Nokta Makro guided by his customers in stead of Minelab who guides his customers.  I am looking forward for the first tests of score and double score metal detectors.

• Like 1

I'd not be surprised if their sales figures indicate low end detectors outsell high end detectors by a significant margin.  the people buying the low-end detectors are less likely to be on detecting forums and discussing detectors, they're just people that use a detector every once in a while, bought one that was affordable for a very part time hobby and use it sometimes, or just leave it in the cupboard waiting for a day that they may find a use for it.  

It's now becoming a fight for the bottom, which is bringing better and better technology to the low-end pricing and I think it's fantastic.  Gone are the days of buying detectors like the Go-Find with their 3 or 4 picture segments for target identification, what a painful way the start detecting that is, now they're getting target ID's and even SMF tech in low end machines, fantastic for beginners.  

Good on Nokta, I'm very thankful for what they've done to the marketplace and I'd go as far as say I'm proud of their efforts.  I only own a Simplex WHP (first edition) which I honestly don't like at all, and the Pulse Dive pinpointer out of their line up, but I'd certainly be serious about their PI gold detector and I'm hot and cold on the Legend, just too many people in NZ keep selling them for cheap prices so it doesn't give me a lot of confidence, even a skilled guy I know that lives in the South Islands biggest city that's a bit like me in a way, likes to buy and try all the good detectors offloaded his Legend and said he preferred his Nox over by it quite a lot so perhaps it just doesn't suit our local conditions I don't know but every time I think of buying one I go look on our second hand auction site and see them being offloaded second hand and the people are having difficult times selling them even at reduced prices.  Perhaps the people are just finding them too complicated, the menu systems on Nokta seem overly complicated, I'm basing that off my Simplex which being a beginner's detector should be easy to use, but the menu system is a real mess.  

• Like 6

Jeff's and Mark's post nailed it on all levels. 

SMF is "it" now, right along with waterproof. So, why Minelab didn't put the Vanquish guts into a Nox housing is rather head scratching. It could very well be that the Codan Execs, expected the low cost purchase of the X-Terra, be disappointed for the reasons stated, then upgrade. That's a classic marketing tactic, but it's also a profoundly risky marketing tactic that only works if the competition is weak. Minelab had little to no competition for many years, so price gouging would be the priority for any company in such a position. BUT, then arose Nokta.

• Like 3

I can totally understand Nokta meeting a perceived need for simplified detectors but with good quality and good performance.

The Legend certainly meets that good quality and good performance aspects but its menu system to me is a big feline hairball. So are some of its default presets like the ridiculous 8 iron filter setting. Also, it only became a fully competitive detector with the V1.09 and V1.11 software versions since previous versions were hampered with only one fixed iron bias setting which made hunting in thick iron or gold prospecting in high iron mineralization very difficult along with its fairly poor saltwater beach performance. All of that has really improved since V1.09.

I am still constantly reading accounts like "my Legend won't update", "my Legend won't detect 4" deep targets" or "my Legend is too chattery" etc. I saw this with the Equinox too. 

I watched a three detector iron masking separation test recently on YouTube where the Legend operator did a test with an elevated nail, a gold coin and another nail all in a line on a 2D plane while choosing to operate the Legend with default settings in one of its SMF modes which included iron filter on a nearly max setting of 8 and the F (ferrous rejected) discrimination pattern. His Legend seemingly wouldn't even detect a non ferrous target on the surface since the non-ferrous target was being totally masked by the two nails due to too high iron bias coupled with iron rejected by the discrimination pattern. Absolutely amazing lack of forethought or just plain ignorance.........many of his commenters ate it up and totally panned the Legend's seemingly poor performance. With those settings, it actually did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Hopefully, Nokta will find a "happy medium" for the Score and Double Score presets which will make them detect very well in most basic coin and jewelry detecting scenarios while also being fun to use.

• Like 8

On 9/9/2023 at 1:01 PM, Luis said:

presentado recientemente en Detectival

New Nokta products launched at Detectival. New Nokta Score. The Nokta Double Score and the Nokta Accu point pin pointer.

FB_IMG_1694289538622.jpg

FB_IMG_1694289543206.jpg

FB_IMG_1694289546469.jpg

Super Cool!🤙🏻
(*Wanted to Add that, Regarding the new pinpointer,  I Hope They paid attention to the Sphinx. Proximity switches are simple, waterproof and a huge time saver. Just Not having to fiddle around, turn it on and then after use, fiddle around and turn it off is Huge.. IMO

Nokta Accu point = everything wrong.

Turn on/off button is at the wrong place. I would have to turn it on and then grab it in a different way. 

Regarding display. There is a reason, only chinese pin pointers have display. It's small, color is useless and you will see nothing on it at a sunny day. It will scratch and leak water. You are not able to change settings without staring at the display. Bluetooth connection to your phone or control unit(Deus) is the way to go. Setting is overly complicated. It's just a pinpointer, not a scientific calculator...

• Like 2

The phone app is the way to go for settings, now I've got a pinpointer with a phone app using anything else seems primitive, going to something like the F-Pulse where settings are an insane combination of things that is very hard to remember unless you change settings often is a massive step backwards. 

Having a settings app also allows a lot of settings to be on the pinpointer you wouldn't even consider with button press/hold down combinations.

With how dirty my pinpointer gets the screen option doesn't seem the best of idea but maybe it works well, won't know without trying it, the phone apps still better, I think, and there is always still the option of doing main settings the old-fashioned way if you don't have your phone with you.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, phrunt said:

With how dirty my pinpointer gets the screen option doesn't seem the best of idea but maybe it works well, won't know without trying it, the phone apps still better, I think, and there is always still the option of doing main settings the old-fashioned way if you don't have your phone with you.

With many of my sites, the ground is 1 step away from being mud. My detector, gloves, digger, and pinpointer are covered in it. No way I'll be able to use the screen in those sites. 

The screen is nice to have, but having a screen and a phone app would be ideal. Does anyone know anything about making phone apps? I'm thinking a phone app for a pinpointer would be very basic coding that would be child's play for an app developer. 

The pinpointer software itself would have to have the code to support the commands coming from Bluetooth, so you couldn't just make a phone app for the new Nokta pointer even though it supports Bluetooth.

• Like 1