New Products Nokta

Luis

Yes, it's unfair to compare the size of a pinpointer designed to run coils vs a pinpointer for land use only.  I don't care about the size of the Pulse Dive, in fact it's perfectly good for its intended purpose.  It's just an added bonus it can be used as a land pin pointer too, it's not it's primary purpose.    The Pulse Dive is in a class of its own.

I love watching Nokta's progress, they're rapidly becoming a force in detecting equipment.   Every new product is either a nail in the coffin of competitors (I'm looking at you USA manufacturers) or a cheaper alternative to other brands, often either matching or beating them when it comes to performance and exceeding them when it comes to quality.  I can see only a small few manufacturers surviving in the next few years, some dominant players are now a distant memory even though they still exist.

Keep up the good work Nokta.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Digalicious said:

Phrunt,

I was thinking that Nokta's new addition would have been the PI that they have been working on.

I don't want to get off topic, but I'm wondering if Nokta has come to the conclusion that a new PI wouldn't be profitable.

No, I'm confident they are doing the PI, good things take time.

• Like 5

On other venues, there seems to be confusion as to whether the Score models are SMF (like the Legend, Nox, D2, Manti, etc), or MF like the X-Terra Pro.

In everything I've read and saw from Dilek when she referred to the Legend, Dilek used the term SMF. In the video, Dilek and the U.S. rep, refer to the Score models as MF. I'm thinking that's pretty conclusive evidence that the Score models are MF, just like the X-Terra Pro.

• Like 1

YouTuber "DtektSussex" will have an Accupoint overview coming out today. I guess he's a Nomad, but regardless, the video should provide a lot more details, and hopefully a depth test. Anyway, his exact words were:

I have a quick overview of the pointer coming out today. It is VERY sensitive but also has discrimination, frequency shift, Bluetooth connectivity AND is waterproof to 3 meters

https://www.youtube.com/@DTEKTSUSSEX/videos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, its looks like Nokta just bitchslapped Minelab with the Accupoint compared to its feeble attempt with the Pro-Find 40. As if to say its no better than the 35. Maybe it is maybe its not, from what I read, confidence is not all that high. If Minelab ain't paying attention they better wake up. My Pro-Find 35 never made it out in the field after a some bench testing. Will try an Accupoint when available.  What I don't get is why both companies are throwing so much money into lower end detectors with such a finite amount of treasure's left.  Sure they can prey on the dreams of people finding gold at the beach but most when go on vacation want to relax, not metal detect. So that said it comes to relic hunters and coin shooters most quickly realize they want the best they can afford and give up on the lower end detectors. So again, why all these new entry level detectors ? I have an Xterra Pro. Took it to an old city park and have to say the SF 's did about as well as when the update came out for the 800 with the 4k option. Which is to say in 4K or 8k, 10k and so on made every pulltab. beavertail and every other piece of nonferrous crap sound  and Id  like a good target. And when it comes to metal detectors, from the posts I've been reading the $600 Legend is kicking butt compared to the 2 latest Minelab high end releases. And this is coming from a Minelab guy. I've had  an 800 for over 5 years, a 900 for about 10 months now. I took some of the funds I had set aside for a Manticore and bought a Henry Golden Boy. And still have enough to buy a Legend if I decide to upgrade with another detector. Minelab, WAKE UP. The wolf has come knocking. My 2 cents.

• Like 2

Gold rushes come and go, and another one will come again. It's a certainty. The question is when...5 months, 5 years, 50 years, who knows. Nugget depletion is ongoing, but hasn't forever killed off gold detecting. $4000 gold and I'd go full time again, have to imagine there'd be some significant mobilization of prospectors in Africa, Latin America, Australia, and Russia too around those prices. Definitely a lot of areas to push with a dozer/excavator and detect still on top of that, which dollar for dollar actually can be more profitable than a full placer operation. The time for the pay pushes may come back again too, lots of people would love the chance to find 1-6 ounce nuggets again which they will never find on their own. 

Nokta has to have some kind of PI in the wings waiting for the right time to release. Gold can shoot up quick, and the time to prepare for such a move is yesterday, gotta be ready for release when the time is right, same with Minelab and the 8000 and I'm guessing they have some answer to Nokta's PI too if they need it. 

I have to laugh at the PF40 and Accupoint release so close, it's like 2 boxers waiting for one to throw the first punch so the other can look for a weakness and parry. 

I just found out that the Score models are indeed SMF!😯

I almost can't believe it considering both the U.S Nokta rep and Dilek didn't say SMF as they normally would. I also found out that:

The Score is designed to be turn on and go so just one Multi set. The Score 2 has three selectable Multi sets (M1, M2 & M3 like the Legend) plus a 15khtz single frequency option.

So, ya...the Vanquish line just died, and depending on how Nokta prices the Score 1 to compete against the X-Terra Pro, then quite possibly the X-Terra Pro will have a similar fate. 

Gotta love these detector wars! 😁

• Like 3