D2 - V2.0 Impromptu Test Hunt Yields 2 Firsts! ( Edited- Part Deux On Page 2)

CPT_GhostLight

Great post and great finds for a short hunt GL!! I think you may be working this spot much more in the future! Gotta be more to discover there! Also love the sight finds!!🍀👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a great hunt Cap'n! Congrats on the Seated, my thought is you'll find more because you're hitting the other half of your stride - the research. 👍 You find a place that promises finds, and you find them. 🙂 bravo. 🏆

Your glass object looks like a sight glass of some kind, is there a slot or hole in the back? If it's solid it could be a paper weight.

The other object appears to have some text on it, perhaps a bit of persuasion with 0000 steel wool or some cleaning pencils might bring out some detail. I'm thinking Nefertiti or something, but you've got lots of great suggestions. Fascination with Egyptian was much more prevalent than South American artifacts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey CPT good report and nice hunt with some very interesting and worthwhile finds.Heres what your little Bank or what I call a dime safe looks like when intact.

B770C007-FC1C-436E-B0DD-E79BDE5999B3_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.9fea07fe91d159f89a3f88f3f9120067.jpeg

27F29E27-23E4-4DAA-A168-4A84D5B0A840_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.190e4b3e88b71207f86ea2ee743d8dac.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2023 at 7:01 PM, Lodge Scent said:

Nice hunt there CPT! Egyptian revival jewelry was very popular during the Victorian era. Is that a clay pipe stem?

Thanks Lodge Scent! I don’t know about a pipe stem, it seems too large to me and has letters APC and something else stamped on it.

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

What a great hunt Cap'n! Congrats on the Seated, my thought is you'll find more because you're hitting the other half of your stride - the research. 👍 You find a place that promises finds, and you find them. 🙂 bravo. 🏆

Your glass object looks like a sight glass of some kind, is there a slot or hole in the back? If it's solid it could be a paper weight.

The other object appears to have some text on it, perhaps a bit of persuasion with 0000 steel wool or some cleaning pencils might bring out some detail. I'm thinking Nefertiti or something, but you've got lots of great suggestions. Fascination with Egyptian was much more prevalent than South American artifacts.

Thanks F350! The glass object has a copper or brass back with two small rectangular holes near the edge across from each other.