Best Pinpointer To Buy?

40 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I have received emails from a few dealers aying they were expecting them in stock in the first couple of weeks in November. However I think I'll wait until the first reviews come in. I wonder if it's going to be updatable.

It is updateable.  Beta users were promised an update to the final released version.

This balanced and thorough review convinced me that it can’t be any worse than the Quest X-pointer Maxand a great backup to the MI-6 or primary pointer when not using my D2.

23 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

It is updateable.  Beta users were promised an update to the final released version.

This balanced and thorough review convinced me that it can’t be any worse than the Quest X-pointer Maxand a great backup to the MI-6 or primary pointer when not using my D2.

Thanks Chase, the updateability is a big plus. I didn't ever gel with the X-Pointer Max, but I had the first version and it just falses all the time even in lower sensitivity in my dirt. I almost went for the newer version, then the ProFind 40 came out and I was considering that, but now I'm glad I waited. I'm not looking to replace my MI-6 but to compliment it and I think, unless an MI-7 drops before December, the Accupoint might just have to go on my Christmas list for the same reasons you described. 😉

For me it's the Garrett carrot.....  I have the original black one when it first came out....  then got the "carrot" when it arrived and that thing has been rock solid...  until a friend left it behind on an outing.... I bought a replacement on amazon and it turned out to be fake so I bought a Minelab 35.... it's okay but not as good as my carrot so like any good detector junkie I bought another Garrett carrot from the source and my Minelab 35 will be used by friends who go hunting with me 😉 

I've been watching some early videos by Accupoint beta testers who have been released from their NDAs, and while I know they have beta versions of the pinpointer, the performance in live digs looks about the same as the ProFind 35, which was fine but not stellar. One tester described the Accupoint as "okay". Another had his set on 9 sensitivity while comparing it with his Carrot on undug park ground targets, and the Carrot was clearly hitting deeper targets than the Accupoint.

Most of the other testers were only showing shallow target finds (2-3 inches) and air tests with the Accupoint. Also the ferrous tone seems to operate similar to the ProFind 35 and XPointer Max, in that the tone sound like non-ferrous until it is within about an inch of a ferrous target and then it switches to the ferrous tone. Now that just may be the way a descrimination circuit has to work in the small form factor of a pinpointer, but I was hoping for a deeper ferrous identification.

Now to be fair, only one tester showed that his sensitivity was set at 9, and another stated that Nokta was going to update the Accupoint using the beta testers information before release.

So I expect to see some better tests as soon as the market ready versions hit retailers, so I'll wait and watch hoping that the updated version is much better and I'm really hoping this will be the case. 

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Looks like a beta tester is reluctantly letting his go. /s

Is that allowed?  (Not that people never do things that are prohibited....)

18 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Is that allowed?  (Not that people never do things that are prohibited....)

One of the reviews which wasn't as positive as most on Facebook was from a guy that bought one off a tester.

On 22.10.2023 at 06:06, phrunt said:

да, я не знаю пинпоинтера, который бы этого не делал.   

Pulse Dive — идеальный пинпоинтер для пляжного/водного охотника, такого как вы, Эрик. Другой хороший вариант — F-Pulse, хотя лично я предпочитаю Pulse Dive F-Pulse, особенно учитывая, что он может использовать катушки, но F- У Pulse также очень тихий динамик, который мне не нравится. Я считаю, что Pulse Dive глубже, чем F-Pulse, но F-Pulse очень хорошо работает в соли, так же, как и Pulse Dive.

Pro find 15 :)