Best Pinpointer To Buy?

On 12/5/2023 at 7:19 PM, KDX said:

From the videos I've watched, the MI-4 does have a good sound to it. I really dislike the sound from my Pro Find 35.

The 35 has a ratcheting tone, similar to the Carrot, I think? Yeah, I’m not a fan of that either, mainly because the ratcheting tone doesn't give as much info as the pitch does. The pitch gets louder, faster and the actual tone pitch rises when you are closer to the object, giving you a better idea of where to start your hole. Whereas with the ratcheting tone, the closer you get to your target, the faster and louder the ratcheting, only. You don't get the extra info from the rising pitch tone sound, and for me, that's makes all the difference in the world for faster target recovery. 

Since everyone else has already chimed in...I bought a Garrett Pro Pointer (black, pre-Carrot) back in 2010. It scrapes through loose soil, it smashes through sand, and it pinpoints flawlessly. The case is scratched but some of the yellow paint on the logo survives. It will likely outlive me, but if I lose it or dunk it, I'll buy a Garrett Carrot. It's hard to find a product this good.