New Member From St. Louis

indyh

I have never done anything with a metal detector until this last weekend. My girlfriend and I went out and had a blast. Found a bunch of old pull tabs and buttons. I'm here to find out more about my Legend and general tips and tricks.

Thanks!

Welcome from East Texas. You have come to a good place to learn.

Welcome to the crew indyh +1 ! 

Lots to learn  ! Here's a couple of links to help you find lots of info .

AND as always just ask anything that just doesn't make sense to you .

Steve's Guides 

(This is the best place to start for a good understanding of detecting in general)

https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-guides/steves-guides/

Nokta Legend forum

(post your detector specific questions here for best exposure)

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/62-nokta-makro-legend-forum/

If you have any maps with a big red  X on it, you must now post it for us all to go plunder together ! arrrrgh🏴‍☠️ , err , I mean Good Luck with yer new addiction .....and the popular opinion is the pull tab to gold ring ratio is somewhere in the 1000 to 1  range.....

Welcome to the forum and glad that you are here.

I am not to far from you location wise, about 60 miles north in Illinois. When I found out about how much this forum can help with learning your detector I was amazed. While I am still a newbie I can tell you that these people are the best and will answer any question you may have.

Remember that there are no stupid questions, unless it is the one that should be asked.

Good luck and good hunting, and never go to the Arch as it is Federal ground and you will go to jail.

On 10/23/2023 at 3:25 AM, indyh said:

I have never done anything with a metal detector until this last weekend. My girlfriend and I went out and had a blast. Found a bunch of old pull tabs and buttons. I'm here to find out more about my Legend and general tips and tricks.

Thanks!

You're in the right place to find out.

Welcome aboard.

Yes, make sure you have permission to hunt. Like a lot of hobbies, a few bad actors can give a lot of people a bad name.  Practice your recovery techniques and strive to leave the grounds looking better when you leave (I always pick up surface trash as well as the trash I dig).

If you don’t have one, get a pinpointer. They are worth their weight in coins and then some.  They will also greatly speed your recovery process and allow you to dig more targets.