Looks Like M8's And M15's Are Starting To Appear

phrunt

3 minutes ago, KDX said:

@ phrunt  If the bigger coil gives you more depth and you can run lower sensitivity for a higher degree of ID accuracy, that is nothing but a win/win situation in my books. Or did I read that wrong?

yes, you're correct, I am achieving great depth in low sensitivity levels with greater ID accuracy with the lower sensitivity.

15 to 19 seems to be my sweet spot for sensitivity.   All I get when I increase sensitivity is more instability, worse target ID's and no perceivable depth increase on coin size targets when I crank up the sensitivity.  I know there will be an increase in depth at higher sensitivity levels, but how much of that is negated by increased EMI and other factors must play a part.   I generally find my good coins at least the depth of my Carrot and in 15 to 19 in sensitivity I'm having no troubles finding them with good clear responses.

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

yes, you're correct, I am achieving great depth in low sensitivity levels with greater ID accuracy with the lower sensitivity.

15 to 19 seems to be my sweet spot for sensitivity.   All I get when I increase sensitivity is more instability, worse target ID's and no perceivable depth increase on coin size targets when I crank up the sensitivity.  I know there will be an increase in depth at higher sensitivity levels, but how much of that is negated by increased EMI and other factors must play a part.   I generally find my good coins at least the depth of my Carrot and in 15 to 19 in sensitivity I'm having no troubles finding them with good clear responses.

I'll have to try lowering the sensitivity on mine when I get back out in the spring and see how it works in my little test garden. I have been turning the sensitivity up until it gets chatty, and then backing it off until it's quiet. Usually 21-23 where I've hunted. I've always been the "more is better" kind of guy, so I never thought of backing it off a bit.

With the Equinox I was a more is better person too and it appeared the right thing to do with the Equinox, I've increasingly found this isn't the case with the Manticore.    Experiment a bit and see how it goes for you, you may be pleasantly surprised.  

For those of you who have received either an M8 or an M15 coil, can you confirm for me that these coils DO NOT include a coil bolt in the package?

Thanks,

Steve

5 minutes ago, steveg said:

For those of you who have received either an M8 or an M15 coil, can you confirm for me that these coils DO NOT include a coil bolt in the package?

Thanks,

Steve

They come with the bolts and washers.

Phrunt,

Thanks for your reply, and the information.  I was of the impression that the hardware would NOT be included.  That you for correcting my understanding!

Steve

I don't know if this is of benefit to anyone however the M8 and M15's are in stock at one of my local Minelab dealers, the one I got them from actually if anyone's desperately trying to get them.  Being Minelab they can likely only sell them to someone in New Zealand. 

Search results: 4 results for "manticore" (jacobsdigital.co.nz)