Looks Like M8's And M15's Are Starting To Appear

phrunt

2 hours ago, King Cnut said:

I have been using the M8 in the Uk on my ancient fields its a great coil  in the iron not overly deep which is to be expected but the damn thing for me is way to sensitive on small none ferrous lol gone back to my 11'' 

That's what people like about it, that its very sensitive to small non-ferrous, it makes it a good gold prospecting coil, but you're right, it's not very deep at all on coin size targets.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Redneck said:

One of the online dealers feels strongly he will have the new coils in January. ( USA East Coast).   I'm thinking they will all get some at the same time. 

So much for buying myself a Christmas present. 🤔

If I was to speculate, Minelab rushed the release of Manticore's announcement, barely managed to finish their software (changed to proprietary headphones after orders had be placed), had not planned ahead for accessory coil manufacture and had not created specs for different size coils, or of course any kind of testing.

Finally shipping began, but Minelab was not sure enough to contract coil manufacture (might be significant software change), minor software change did happen, so lets work out specs, wait for the first shipment of coils, test the first shipment, and finally pull the trigger to fully manufacture. 

Yep, that seems like a year and half is actually making good time.  🙄

28 minutes ago, Dug D said:

If I was to speculate, Minelab rushed the release of Manticore's announcement, barely managed to finish their software (changed to proprietary headphones after orders had be placed), had not planned ahead for accessory coil manufacture and had not created specs for different size coils, or of course any kind of testing.

Finally shipping began, but Minelab was not sure enough to contract coil manufacture (might be significant software change), minor software change did happen, so lets work out specs, wait for the first shipment of coils, test the first shipment, and finally pull the trigger to fully manufacture. 

Yep, that seems like a year and half is actually making good time.  🙄

Well they had the form factor for the coils already determined BEFORE release as there were pictures in prerelease marketing materials and software has minimal impact on coil design TBH.  It's obvious that ML just doesn't care about accessory coils all that much. Probably not a huge profit generator for them despite their ridiculous price markups for accessories.  They have even less respect for their customers, it seems.

Both the M8 and M15 are pretty good, yes, they're slow getting them out and as per usual their attitude towards customers is somewhat concerning with their behaviour in regards to the delays and the overall release especially around lack of communication however, once you've got one bolted to your detector that will mostly be long forgotten 🙂

Minelab drive me nuts, but in the end I'm usually happy.  The problem they've got as once competitors get or have units that are equal to, better than or even slightly worse it won't be a difficult decision for many to jump ship and this has already started to take place.

Putting up pricing at a time of the competitors biting at their heals in hope of restoring some lost profits due to worsening sales figures may not be the ideal approach and just further encourage people to look seriously at other brands deepening their flagging sales figures and further eroding customer satisfaction.

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Minelab drive me nuts, but in the end I'm usually happy.

Yup. I'm chomping at the bit for a M15 but am having a ball with the 11". If they never ever even produced a 15" or 8", I would still be happy. But I'm just a beach guy. No need for a small coil like some of you all need for you're hunt areas.

Simon, have you used the 15 in the water yet? I'm wondering how much more resistance you get compared to the 11.

I'm wondering about the slow release of the coils also. Could it be that Minelab wanted to wait about 1 year since the first release of Manticore to see how many would be sold in that timeframe, and then start the manufacture of say... 1000, 5000, 10,000 coils? The more they have made the cheaper is their production cost.