Supposed Legend Update

JCR

I have seen a few unofficial mentions of a supposed upcoming "Beast mode" update for the Legend. Has anyone seen anything more official from Nokta on this?

Yeah, I'm curious, too.

Wild guess here, but maybe a Black Friday drop to build brand affinity during the peak purchase season? One can hope...

• Like 1

Last I saw was Dilek mentioning a couple weeks ago that it is coming, but still not ready yet.  And as per standard with Nokta, they don't want to give a date.  I think she said hopefully before the end of the year, but no promises.

• Like 1

Beast mode, when the Manticore is officially known as the Beast by Minelab's marketing team? Unleash the beast!  

I wonder what they're putting in the update, 50% more transmit power to the coil? 🙂

Following this with interest.

• Like 2

Most of the recent Nokta Makro detectors like the Racer, Racer 2, Gold Racer, Kruzer, Multi Kruzer, Gold Kruzer, Anfibio and Anfibio Multi have had something called a Deep mode, Boost mode and some had a setting called E.U.D (extra underground depth). Other than maxing out the audio gain, there is not a specifically labeled Deep, Boost or E.U.D. setting that instantly takes the Legend into overdrive, so I was kind of surprised when Nokta didn't put something like that on the Legend. Now there will be a one button accessible Boost mode or Boost function for the Legend.

• Like 3

The Legend seems to have ample Rx gain for my sites. An option to increase Tx power would probably be useful in quite a few situations.  I would like to see a Hot Rock adjustment to tweak the Phase reading to help bring out deep targets blending into Mineralized soil.  The EUD function on the Anfibio is an approach to this and works to some extent but the “special” tone is too quiet to really stand out. A more refined & powerful version of this would help on high mineral sites.  The Legend currently sees these swallowed up deep targets, it just reports them as TID 1.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 8:31 AM, JCR said:

I have seen a few unofficial mentions of a supposed upcoming "Beast mode" update for the Legend. Has anyone seen anything more official from Nokta on this

Here’s a three month old video regarding a Legend software update for relic hunters. There might more information released in the next few days.

On 11/30/2023 at 12:42 PM, Digalicious said:

I've given this some more thought, and maybe the new boost mode, won't have anything to do with increased Tx power.

Maybe

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 8:31 AM, JCR said:

I have seen a few unofficial mentions of a supposed upcoming "Beast mode" update for the Legend. Has anyone seen anything more official from Nokta on this?

No!

Dilek Gonulay, NDT* has asked us to not pester her with questions regarding any unofficial release dates. However, she did not specifically restrict questions regarding official release dates.

*What’s that country song about being “both pretty and smart, I am going to break a million hearts”? And now watch as I tie that comment to prospecting and detecting… Dear Dilek, I love my Legend.