I Recently Purchased My Annual Gold Coin

Here's my annual gold coin I bought. Each year, using my metal detecting modern coin totals, I buy a gold coin. Been doing this for over 20 years. This year, I also bought a one ounce siver bullet replica. I figure that I must be close to $80.00 in coins found. Back to the bank security box. My kids get my gold coins when my days are done.

nov23.JPG.9b2d243d115d58876e0ec2d10feaf2f6.JPG

nov23a.JPG.846aff37783524faaa292375f6655522.JPG

Nice to see what is out there to buy, I really like the silver bullet.

Thanks for sharing.

12 hours ago, John-Edmonton said:

Here's my annual gold coin I bought. Each year, using my metal detecting modern coin totals, I buy a gold coin. Been doing this for over 20 years. This year, I also bought a one ounce siver bullet replica. I figure that I must be close to $80.00 in coins found. Back to the bank security box. My kids get my gold coins when my days are done.

nov23.JPG.9b2d243d115d58876e0ec2d10feaf2f6.JPG

nov23a.JPG.846aff37783524faaa292375f6655522.JPG

Mornin' John!

You mean to say $80 bucks bought that gold coin and the silver bullet? I want that deal also lol.

• 1 month later...

Do you retrieve the silver bullet after shotting a vampire. 😀 We have similar size gold coins coins here in Australia. The one-tenth ounce coin, $5 face value, is 0.650 inch (16.50 mm) in diameter, contains 0.1000 gold troy ounce and weighs 0.1091 troy ounce (3.393 g). 

Great Investment!  A sign at my local bank says the contents of the security boxes are not insured.  Keep it in the back of your mind if the banking system ever starts to falter. 

On 1/12/2024 at 2:22 AM, geof_junk said:

Do you retrieve the silver bullet after shotting a vampire. 

Don't be silly, everyone knows that silver bullets are for werewolf's not vampires.

8 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Don't be silly, everyone knows that silver bullets are for werewolf's not vampires.

😉

Traditional ways to kill a vampire.

1. Stake through the heart. (This actually goes back to keeping people in their graves. Somehow it made it to vampires.)
  2. Immerse in sunlight.
  3. Chop off the head ideally with an axe. (put a lemon or coin in the mouth and boil the head in vinegar.
  4. Immerse in running water.
  5. Shoot with a silver bullet (not just any silver bullet, it has to be a silver bullet that a crucifix was melted down to create, and not just any crucifix. it has to have been blessed by the pope - apparently vampires are Catholic) (ordinary silver bullets are good for werewolves.)
  6. Throw vampire into a hawthorn bush. So long as said vampire is pricked enough this will supposedly kill it. (Hawthorn is supposed to be holy because the crown of thorns worn by Christ was supposedly made from Hawthorn.)

Well, working on a ortho ward, we get a lot of incisions from surgery and also a lot of bed sores. A lot of the time, we use silver impregnated dressing of various kinds. Silver is very bacteriostatic  and really shortens the healing time. I have also twice injected a solution containing gold to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Some people just don't get results from the NSAIDs, so gold injections is an other option. And finally, an old timer once told me about years ago on the farm, if a horse got an infection in one of his legs, they would put a quarter (they were all silver back then) in the wound after cleaning it out, wrap it up with dressings and remove the dressings weeks later, to find great improvement with the wound.

jan13.jpg