Nokta Double Score Iffy Signals Separation Tests

Iffy Signals has posted a video running the Nokta Double Score (slightly simplified Nokta Legend) through his 4 level iron masking and separation test.

Here is the video.

Thanks for sharing the video Jeff.  I found the sloppy way the coil wire was wrapped interesting. 🙄

Thanks for the share Jeff.

It's interesting that the detector passed the level 4 tests right out of the box, but Iffy had to tweak the Legend, Manti, and D2, to pass those tests, if they could be hit at all.

Yes Matt, it was very odd to see a bunch of the coil wire lying right on top of the coil. Would it matter much though, as long as that coil wire wasn't moving?

That beautiful dog looks like my wife when I talk to her about metal detecting! Although she perks right up when I bring home the goods 😁

1 hour ago, Digalicious said:

Is it $400 U.S. for the Score and $450 for the Double Score?

Simplex Ultra: MAP: $329 US.  MSRP: $379US/379 Euro

Score:  MAP: $379 US.  MSRP: $449US/449 Euro

Double Score:  MAP: $425 US.  MSRP: $499US/499 Euro

Legend Upgraded Stem Armrest/CF lower shaft (Detector only):  MAP: $509 US.  MSRP: $599US/599 Euro

All of the above prices are sans Nokta BT wireless phones.

3 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Thanks for the share Jeff.

It's interesting that the detector passed the level 4 tests right out of the box, but Iffy had to tweak the Legend, Manti, and D2, to pass those tests, if they could be hit at all.

Iffy has already released another Score video. I believe it is a relic hunt. I have not seen it yet.

Not only did those detectors have to be tweaked, the Equinox 900 did not completely pass those tests. Maybe that was unfamiliarity with the detectors.

The Double Score really did breeze right through those tests. There was also minimal chatter. Hopefully that at least will curtail a lot of the user complaints about the current Legend using 1.11/1.13.

The Double Score has the benefit of having the LG30 coil, which in my opinion and as shown in the video above, does slightly better than the original LG28 as far as unmasking and separation. Nokta also has 9 months of V1.11 software feedback use under its belt along with being able to replicate tests like Iffy's in order to tweak the settings like iron stability that are not available for user adjustment using the Score and Double Score. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Nokta also has 9 months of V1.11 software feedback use under its belt along with being able to replicate tests like Iffy's in order to tweak the settings like iron stability that are not available for user adjustment using the Score and Double Score. 

That's what I was thinking as well. 

When the IF and its stability settings were introduced on the Legend, my testing showed the default level of the IF to be too high. Although, I can understand why Nokta chose a high default IF. I also found with the amount of IF settings, the IF stability was unnecessary, and causing needless confusion among many of the Legend users. I also found that very little iron falsing occurred even on the lowest setting of the IF. I wanted an even lower IF setting.

With all that said, I, and a few others made a lot of posts on the Legend's Facebook page, about the IF needing to go even lower, and how the IF stability wasn't necessary. Well, we got a lower IF setting for the Legend, and it looks like the preset IF on the Score models is lower than the Legend's default IF.

3 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

That's what I was thinking as well. 

When the IF and its stability settings were introduced on the Legend, my testing showed the default level of the IF to be too high. Although, I can understand why Nokta chose a high default IF. I also found with the amount of IF settings, the IF stability was unnecessary, and causing needless confusion among many of the Legend users. I also found that very little iron falsing occurred even on the lowest setting of the IF. I wanted an even lower IF setting.

With all that said, I, and a few others made a lot of posts on the Legend's Facebook page, about the IF needing to go even lower, and how the IF stability wasn't necessary. Well, we got a lower IF setting for the Legend, and it looks like the preset IF on the Score models is lower than the Legend's default IF.

Iffy's original Legend/Nox 900 separation test video clearly showed the iron filter in conjunction with the iron stability setting working very well as he adjusted the iron stability setting to prevent Colonial type nails from falsing. I have had the same results by lowering the iron filter to 1 and adjusting the iron stability setting to where I need it to be in order to just prevent or just allow a bit of iron falsing. Works for me.

At least for Iffy's test setup, Nokta appear to have nailed that settings combination.

Now we need see some real world Double Score saltwater Beach mode testing. And still no manual for download on the Nokta site.

4 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

Now we need see some real world Double Score saltwater Beach mode testing. And still no manual for download on the Nokta site.

Salt water tests would be nice. Although, the Score models are simplified Legends, so I suspect salt performance would be the same. I wonder if the Score models have a salt stability setting.

Anyway, I wish metal detectors didn't even require a computer to update. Have them update the same way phones do.