In Need Of A Good Pick For Detecting

Anyone have any suggestions on what pick is to use for detecting?  I've used a few but apparently I'm too hard on them.  The Fisher I have now is bent and held together with Gorilla tape.  Hoping for a decent point that can be pried on at least a little bit, a good sized hoe on the other end that can move material efficiently, and a magnet (that can be added if not included).

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

The critical part of your question that was missed is where are you located? That makes all the difference to which picks you can buy.  If you were in Australia no doubt the Gold Digger picks by Davsgold are great, tough as you can get.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Gold Dozer said:

Anyone have any suggestions on what pick is to use for detecting?  I've used a few but apparently I'm too hard on them.  The Fisher I have now is bent and held together with Gorilla tape.  Hoping for a decent point that can be pried on at least a little bit, a good sized hoe on the other end that can move material efficiently, and a magnet (that can be added if not included).

Any suggestions?

Bunks hermit Pick, Just purchase the head only and then pick up a shovel handle and cut it to the length you want, I also have his Burro Pick with a 36 inch handle the Burro pick is not quite as heavy duty as his Hermit pick, I modified my Hermit pick to a 40 inch long handle which for me works great.

@Doc also sells a nice looking pick, which I have been giving some thoughts to purchasing one from Doc also

here is a link to Bunks site

http://bunknteri.com/Pick.html

here is a Link to @Doc site

https://docsdetecting.com/product/docs-nugget-stalker-brand-gold-pick-the-only-pick-for-metal-detecting-youll-ever-need/

modified Hermit Pick below

modified hermit pick.jpg

• Like 3

@Gold Dozer keep in mind Bunks hermit Pick you do not want to carry in a pick holder on your waist, that spike on the Hermit pick would do some serious damage if you were to fall on it, I always carry it so if I were to fall I could get rid of it quick, because of that spike that is on the Hermit pick

59 minutes ago, Redz said:

Get a piece of AR 600 or a boron harrow disc and make your own.

yeah that would be great if everyone had the ability to build their own stuff like Picks and things like that, but some times the cost to build stuff is much more expensive than just purchasing already made items, a lot of times its just cheaper to purchase already made items.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

yeah that would be great if everyone had the ability to build their own stuff like Picks and things like that, but some times the cost to build stuff is much more expensive than just purchasing already made items, a lot of times its just cheaper to purchase already made items.

Sounds like the original poster already invested a bunch in picks that were unsatisfactory. If you make your own you get what you want, and it really does not require much ability.

• Like 1