Tom Dankowski’s Settings For The Minelab Manticore

cjc

11 hours ago, okara gold said:

a Recovery Speed of '4' creates a electronic symbiotic harmonious quescense balance between electronics VS wet-salt

What does this mean? that recovery speed of 4 gives the best overall responses of what's in the ground?

On 1/16/2024 at 7:54 AM, fishersari said:

What does this mean? that recovery speed of 4 gives the best overall responses of what's in the ground?

That's Tom speak for "Leave it at 4". 😄

On 1/15/2024 at 6:03 PM, Suncoast Kid said:

I'm about to go to the beach with my M15, starting with Beach Low Conductor, Prospecting audio, iron 4 upper, 0 lower. Iron volume about half the total volume, no discrimination

Those are the settings I'm using for the M15 and the 11 also. You should do well with 4 recovery. I dug a crazy deep dime this morning in the same hole as a small rusted screw with the M15. I heard the dime first among the iron grunts and then saw the TIDs bouncing to 80 at the same time I'm hearing iron grunts. I said to myself "There's something else next to that dime." They both came out in the same scoop after I dug deep enough.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:54 AM, fishersari said:

Yes... Apparently, Tom is saying that a recovery speed of 4 is the best "marriage" of the Manticores electronics and a wet-salt environment. I have tried switching between a 3 and 4 speed on numerous targets as a test and for me, the recovery speed of 4 is sharper in audio and also lets me run my sensitivity higher. 

Another answer on Tom's forum

Hello Tom!

I was detecting M8, LC on Friday and in very similar conditions to previous days.

The beach is still open and continues to produce, although not at the same rate, since we have already removed the most detectable signals.

Stable vdi 10 signal, about 30 cm (11" approx), a handmade, artisan ring. I have no idea how old it may be, but it is beautiful.

I didn't go below 4 RS and could run 30 sens.

Manticore is different.

PXL-20240119-163404038.jpg

Where I fresh water hunt there is a lot of can refuse over the last 100 years.  Deep iron is a big problem.  Yes, 4 on RS seems to work best with sensitivity between 19 and 21 in LC mode.  Being in water helps slow down your swing speed.

Ring and coin recovery has picked up with these settings.

• 1 month later...

Hello friends. What would be the deepest way to use it in the water, in the surfing area? Does anyone have any setup? remove this used out of the water. obs. salty water. M8 OR M11?