Nexus Md For Coins & Relics

I just noticed a few coin & relic hunters detecting with the Nexus Metal Detector. The Nexus is an analog induction balance ((IB) VLF detector offered  in two models V2 &V3. The interface is a RGB LED meter; Super Damping Technology (SDT) enables detecting in heavy mineralized ground conditions and strong magnetite. The V2 model is for inland sites and tidal salt water beaches; modes: All Metal & Discrimination; LED red- non ferrous and blue- ferrous. The V3 model is for inland sites and fresh water beaches; modes: All Metals or VCO multi tones; LED Green- low conductors, Orange- mid conductors, Purple/White- high conductors. There are a variety of different single frequency coils. See the website for manuals, coils, EMI, etc.  www.nexusdetectors.com. 

This detector may not be for everyone but I find the controls similar to the White TDI pulse Induction which does not offer a discrimination feature.  The youtuber “Beep n Dig Relic Hunting” has several Nexus videos including a closeup of the RGB LED with target responses.

• Like 4

They look like very interesting machines,Paul Warren from the UK posts some very good videos and worth taking a look about V2 and V3 and with different coil sizes as well.

Out of interest which version do you use and also which coil selection ??

34 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Out of interest which version do you use and also which coil selection ??

I just discovered the Nexus while searching for a detector not as susceptible to EMI as the new digital SMF detectors but with some discrimination capacity and the ability to handle highly mineralized ground. In the manual under “care & maintenance”  only the coils are waterproof. The V3 inland sites and fresh water beaches with a 9 inch coil at 7kHz or 24 kHZ may work best for my applications. Hopefully, members with either model will provide some further insight.

Here is the link to RGB LED Target response video mentioned above:

• Like 1

Been looking at the Nexus line for a while now, but the price they get for them keeps stopping me from pulling the trigger on one, they are not cheap Around $2100-$2300 U.S I believe.

• Oh my! 1

The 24khz Silver Scout coil is truly a deadly coil on really trashy sites and small targets and as light as a feather,the stock 10'' DD coil is a great general all round everyday use coil then the next step up is the 13'' DD and beyond.Must admit my favourite after the Silver Scout is the the 8x6 which alas they no longer make these days,this small coil is as deep or possibly deeper than most 10-11'' stock coils and gives very good target separation as well.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 9:32 PM, DSMITH said:

Been looking at the Nexus line for a while now, but the price they get for them keeps stopping me from pulling the trigger on one, they are not cheap Around $2100-$2300 U.S I believe

Same here.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 9:32 PM, DSMITH said:

Been looking at the Nexus line for a while now, but the price they get for them keeps stopping me from pulling the trigger on one, they are not cheap Around $2100-$2300 U.S I believe

22 hours ago, JCR said:

Same here.

Is there another IB option?

The Deep Tech machines could be considered a "Poor man's" version. They are Analog,(actually hybrid digital/analog).

They are excellent machines and very reasonably priced. They have a USA dealer, Backwoods Detectors.   I have the Vista X.  They just announced a new detector for their line, the Abyss.

• Like 1