Nexus Md For Coins & Relics

3 hours ago, HardPack said:

I’ll give them look see. Thanks

what JCR stated yes, but in my opinion not as good as the Nexus line, in fact no where close to the Nexus MP V3

I know I will get beat up for saying this but there is a lot to say with the old analog beep and dig detectors and these new ones, personally for me I very seldom look at TIDs or anything else for that matter, even with these newer detectors which I do own a couple, I listen for the tones of a target and if it sounds good I dig, I have been doing it this way from the start of my detecting hobby, people will ask what TID did this or that come up, I actually could not tell anyone because I do not use or go by those numbers, I just do not trust the TIDs to give you a honest answer of what a target can possibly be, again if a target sounds good or great I dig it up, and yes I dig a ton of trash when I go out and detect because that is truly the only way to actually know what a target is, in my opinion, the reasons I have stated is the reasons I have been looking at the Nexus detectors mainly the MP V3, do I feel I would gain anything by purchasing one ???, probably not but it would be fun just to have one and see what it would actually do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DSMITH said:

I just do not trust the TIDs to give you a honest answer of what a target can possibly be

I'm kind of the exact opposite.

For example, a piece of foil or a pull tab often has a clean, solid, and repeatable tone, just like most high conductor coins do. In other words, if a hunter is looking for high conductor coins and digging based on tone quality alone, they would be digging a lot of aluminum trash. However, the TID easily distinguishes between most aluminum trash and most high conductor coins. So, the TID hunter would dig a lot less aluminum trash, which would also equate to digging a lot more high conductor coins.

A lot of gold ring hunters just dig everything nonferrous, so tone and ID doesn't even matter. But a lot of gold ring hunters will also ignore the small foil range and/or the high conductor range. That's much easier, and far more efficient to do using TID, than it is using tone quality.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

I'm kind of the exact opposite.

For example, a piece of foil or a pull tab often has a clean, solid, and repeatable tone, just like most high conductor coins do. In other words, if a hunter is looking for high conductor coins and digging based on tone quality alone, they would be digging a lot of aluminum trash. However, the TID easily distinguishes between most aluminum trash and most high conductor coins. So, the TID hunter would dig a lot less aluminum trash, which would also equate to digging a lot more high conductor coins.

A lot of gold ring hunters just dig everything nonferrous, so tone and ID doesn't even matter. But a lot of gold ring hunters will also ignore the small foil range and/or the high conductor range. That's much easier, and far more efficient to do using TID, than it is using tone quality.

I disagree with you, you will never convince me that someone can tell the differences between a pull tab or aluminum foil and a piece of gold jewelry going by TIDs, for the simple fact I have dug a few rings 3 to be exact that rang up the same TIDs as a piece of aluminum foil and a pull tab, had I not been willing to dig everything and went by those TIDs I would have just walked rite on past those three rings, anyone passing on aluminum foil TIDs will be missing gold jewelry, anyone passing on targets ringing up pull tab numbers you will be missing a lot of gold jewelry.

to each his own in what they prefer to dig by but for me personally I will stick to digging by tones and continue digging the trash out and some gold jewelry here and there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I disagree with you, you will never convince me that someone can tell the differences between a pull tab or aluminum foil going by TIDs, for the simple fact I have dug a few rings 3 to be exact that rang up the same TIDs as a piece of aluminum foil and a pull tab, had I not been willing to dig everything and went by those TIDs I would have just walked rite on past those three rings, anyone passing on aluminum foil TIDs will be missing gold jewelry, anyone passing on targets ringing up pull tab numbers you will be missing a lot of gold jewelry.

None of that really had anything to do with my point 🙂

I gave two examples to justify my point. One example is the coin cherry picker, and the other is the gold ring hunter. Is there something you disagree with in the  examples I gave?

Also, keep in mind that I'm not referring to tone bin pitch or frequency differences, but rather tone quality and consistency, such as sharpness, one or two way hits, repeatable when rotating, etc.

11 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

None of that really had anything to do with my point 🙂

I gave two examples to justify my point. One example is the coin cherry picker, and the other is the gold ring hunter. Is there something you disagree with in the  examples I gave?

Also, keep in mind that I'm not referring to tone bin pitch or frequency differences, but rather tone quality and consistency, such as sharpness, one or two way hits, repeatable when rotating, etc.

coins I will agree with you on gold rings no

1 hour ago, Digalicious said:

Ok. So, what exactly do you disagree with in gold ring example?

because gold rings, gold chains, gold jewelry can come up any where on a target ID range to a point, nickels come up in foil and pull tab range, so if someone is passing on foil or pull tab IDs, they are most definitely passing over gold rings, gold chains,and gold jewelry or possibly even nickels and dimes in general, maybe you have not seen it like that when you detect but that does not make it not so, it is what it is, even coins can be skewed by the mineralization in the ground, that is why TIDs are unreliable, there are to many things that can skew a TID and fool you, gold nuggets can fall into iron ranges in fact I have a couple of small nuggets that ring up 2 and 4 on target IDs, so for me just going by the tones works much better, than relying on a number that may or may not be correct

as I said in an earlier reply use what works for you and to each his own there is no rite or wrong answer in this is my opinion.

20 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

because gold rings, gold chains, gold jewelry can come up any where on a target ID range to a point, nickels come up in foil and pull tab range, so if someone is passing on foil or pull tab IDs, they are most definitely passing over gold rings, gold chains,and gold jewelry or possibly even nickels and dimes in general, maybe you have not seen it like that when you detect but that does not make it not so, it is what it is, even coins can be skewed by the mineralization in the ground, that is why TIDs are unreliable, there are to many things that can skew a TID and fool you, gold nuggets can fall into iron ranges in fact I have a couple of small nuggets that ring up 2 and 4 on target IDs, so for me just going by the tones works much better, than relying on a number that may or may not be correct

Yes, due to variations in depth, orientation, type, size, etc, then gold jewelry can TID all over the nonferrous range, and have various different tonal nuances. However, all of that applies to aluminum trash as well. When hunting for gold jewelry both TID and tones are equally unreliable IMO.

In other words, I sure don't see any gold jewelry hunters ignoring massive amounts of nonferrous targets while saying, "That sounds like a pulltab and not gold jewelry, so I'm not digging it". OR, "That sounds like foil and not like gold jewelry, so I'm not digging it". Do you do that?

• Like 1

Be curious how it would do against a GPX or Axiom with similar sized coils. Even against other machines like the Nox line or D2.

Wouldn't be surprised if performance was similar.

Still a cool machine but non motion might be a problem in high aluminum trashy areas.

• Like 2

I personally would never rely solely on what a TID indicates especially here in the UK,audio for me wins every time as say our hammered silver and gold coins vary so much in say silver/gold content and also size and shape which could/can skew the TID numbers,so audio is far more reliable and also at greater depth as well......if you live in a country ie US that has mainly milled coinage then yes i guess you can rely more so on target id but even then i still personally would not rely just on that,our hammered coinage is totally different and many of our hammered coins can come in the silver foil range and gold can also come in the iron range as well,so basically if we rely solely on what a screen tells us then we would miss or pass over so many desirable finds.

Also when say a target is slightly deeper than can trigger the audio/TID circuit then i also think that audio threshold is also very important especially when after hoards/artefacts and that is why i always wear full cup headphones to listen to the whisper threshold changes that could be the find of a life time.

• Like 6