My Felt Micro Gold Capture Abilities Is Done! What Do You Think?

My final felt run was completed. After running  this years concentrates 7 times, my 7th and last felt run  got 0.1 gram of gold. My purpose of this experiment was to see if felt could be used in the final cleanups of concentrations from gold prospecting. I was pleased with the results. Not only will felt bite and hold a lot of gold, but please look at how tiny some of the micro gold it caught. Could felt be used to clean up cons? Absolutely!👍 To remove a good percentage of tiny micro gold? Absolutely!👍  Could it be added as an extention to your sluice?   Absolutely! 👍 Could it test your tailing for gold loss?  Absolutely! 👍After all my concentrates were reduced to -50 mesh, the felt managed to get one gram of gold out of the pre-run 10 gallons of original concentrates. What are your thoughts? Any other uses come to mind for your set-ups? Let me know.

dec17cc.jpg.56528a0f16a9a078ef0c38c25e25fde2.jpg

Last nights final run.....it still caught gold. I guess you never really get it all.

total.thumb.jpg.cf3950a4e49be028d61dce8de0688b94.jpg

Notice how tiny some of the micro gold is.

totala.thumb.jpg.c73ad3366f8c90566f4881452cc2165f.jpg

Here's what half my felt-concentrates looked like.

• Like 6

Looks great, Jon. That gold would be HUGE on the Snake near me...LOL

Jim

• Like 1

What I think is it is super nice you are posting here these days John as things are pretty quiet otherwise. I am in awe of your patience with the fine gold recovery. I think a bottle of super clean fines is not only prettier than some nuggets, but usually also represents more effort. Long story short good on you, thank you, and Merry Christmas! :smile:

• Like 2

John, I have been watching this thread because of your work on the fines and the way you have been sluicing the rivers. I hope to someday to see you make a video of the equipment that you made to be able to sluice the way you do. Should you do that I would be very grateful for the knowledge as I am still young and want to learn as much as I can about this field. I know how to pan and some sluicing from my grandfather. I would like to know how to build the gear that you use and to be able to go out there and do what you have done.

Thank you for bringing new light to this type of gold hunting and showing us what a person can get if they try.

Caleb

On 12/18/2023 at 12:15 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

What I think is it is super nice you are posting here these days John as things are pretty quiet otherwise. I am in awe of your patience with the fine gold recovery. I think a bottle of super clean fines is not only prettier than some nuggets, but usually also represents more effort. Long story short good on you, thank you, and Merry Christmas! :smile:

Thanks Steve. I semi retired this year from a great career in healthcare in orthopedics. After seeing bodies come through our unit with too much drinking, smoking, obesity and  sedentary lifestyles, I decided prospecting was the ticket to add years  and  quality of life. Being outside a lot can be addictive!

• Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 1:14 AM, Valens Legacy said:

John, I have been watching this thread because of your work on the fines and the way you have been sluicing the rivers. I hope to someday to see you make a video of the equipment that you made to be able to sluice the way you do. Should you do that I would be very grateful for the knowledge as I am still young and want to learn as much as I can about this field. I know how to pan and some sluicing from my grandfather. I would like to know how to build the gear that you use and to be able to go out there and do what you have done.

Thank you for bringing new light to this type of gold hunting and showing us what a person can get if they try.

Caleb

Well, I should get a weight soon on my total gold. I will probably throw in some points on what worked well for me for my type of gold and location.

• Thanks 1