New User Just Bought Equinox 700!

stephent

Greetings all! I did some detecting years ago with a Whites XLT (which I still have) but have not detected in a while and decided to re-enter the hobby. After some reading it seems the technology has improved to the point where I thought I'd get a new detector. The 700 seemed a good balance between price and capability.

I live in upstate New York.

Stephen

Welcome from Northern Cal.Very good choice on the 700...Best of luck and look forward to seeing some relics? Coins?

Welcome aboard stephent !

Looks like that new 700 has brought you here to the best place to get up to speed on it ! So it must work well. 

Has it helped you find anything else ?   Use the power of all the experience gathered together here in one place ! Posting finds here usually brings comments about them  which can reveal previously unknown value as treasure . arrrrrr🏴‍☠️

Don't be shy ,ask your questions and good luck out there on the hunt.

Thank you Doc and RVpopeye!

I haven't received it yet and probably won't get to try it out until spring here in Upstate NY, It is supposed to be delivered this Thursday.

One question I have is about "waterproof". It is rated down to 16'. Is that true/realistic? I hope to dive with it around docks in the freshwater lakes in my area. Thank you!

I think you should expect it to be waterproof .That's why it exists IMO.

A little cold country tricks (and I'll probably be in trouble for printing it) when you find something in frozen ground that sounds SOOOOOOO good ! Cover it with a tent or ? and heat the inside, another less prepared one is park a vehicle with the muffler over it and take a coffee break...🥸 "I've found you my precious!" or a pull tab 🙄 

Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome! There were some waterproofing issues with the 800s and 600s but I think that the 900s and 700s are rated deeper so there must be some improvements there. My friend has the 900 which I believe is essentially the same as the 700 and he has done well with it this past year.

Welcome to the forum Stephant,

The IP rating of the 700 is IP68! This is one "definition" written for that rating! So this is a guideline to be aware of, when/if you  get in the water!🍀👍👍

Screenshot_20231227_112359_DuckDuckGo.jpg