Is Nokta Planning Something Big? New?

Was watching History Revisited video the other day. He was using the manticore, but at the end of the video he let spill a little tid bit. 

He said that Nokta was planning something, at first he said "high end", then corrected himself and said, "high price" and said he just can't keep his mouth shut. 

With all the new detectors Nokta has been dropping I would not be surprised. 

Guessing a Legend 2, lighter, smaller, better. probably will price it in the 1200 range, just guessing. But with Nokta vomiting new detectors why wouldnt they aim a little higher?

I saw that video yesterday morning, right after he posted it. He also said something like, "It will blow every other detector away".

If it's another typical SMF / VLF detector, then I can't see how it's going to blow anything away. SMF hit its peak a long time ago. 

If the rumor is true, then perhaps Nokta has made a breakthrough in their Invenio project. The Invenio is a patented true imaging detector that shows the shape / outline of the targets. 

43 minutes ago, Dirtshark said:

Guessing a Legend 2, lighter, smaller, better. probably will price it in the 1200 range, just guessing. 

That could very well be. I mean, they're already killing it in the low and mid priced market, so the next logical step would be a detector in the higher priced market. Although as I previously mentioned, I can't see how SMF performance can get any better than what we already have, nor can I see how ergonomics can get any better than a D2. If I was grasping at straws, maybe the Nokta engineers discovered a way to get far better target ID accuracy with SMF?

PI would be interesting to see.

I'm struggling to imagine what they could do in terms of offering at new VLF at a premium price price point. Smaller and ligher alone wouldn't do it (at least for me), and it feels like game-changer improvements on the VLF front are in the rearview mirror.  

2 hours ago, Digalicious said:

That could very well be. I mean, they're already killing it in the low and mid priced market, so the next logical step would be a detector in the higher priced market. Although as I previously mentioned, I can't see how SMF performance can get any better than what we already have, nor can I see how ergonomics can get any better than a D2. If I was grasping at straws, maybe the Nokta engineers discovered a way to get far better target ID accuracy with SMF?

Agreed. 

I will say that I did just get a D2. Mostly for the weight, but I also love the tones. I had never held one until getting it and  it vastly exceded my expectations. 

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Also how they would market a "high end" machine against their own "best for the price" and already very capable Legend. I mean coming up with what 3 new simplex machines already makes their lineup pretty crowded. 

For me I just don't want to see a XP Deus 3 come out soon, that would be a real bummer lol. 

• Like 2

I don't normally look at YouTube videos but when I looked at this one I liked it.  I subscribed.  And then a list of similar videos came up and I liked a couple of those.  Some of them have gotten so much better than the old videos I watched which didn't have any tone when finding a target.

Do we have an area on the forum that rates videos?  I can see that rating the raters and YouTubers would be a free-for-all!

• Thanks 1