Nokta Release Pending?

On 12/30/2023 at 7:39 AM, Digalicious said:

I haven't heard anything official about a news release, but something is coming down the pipe.

There’s a two month old podcast (E176 Adrain & Dave, Oct,2023) with Dilek Gonulay of Nokta. Midway through the podcast there is a discussion about the status of a Legend software upgrade regarding increased depth for relic hunters (M4 Leap?). 

There is another nine month old (Apr 2023) YouTube discussion with Dilek regarding the status of development of a Nokta Pulse Induction detector.

Would think there would be a Nokta information update coming out soon, if not a new product release. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 11:46 AM, Digalicious said:

Yes, Nokta has a PI detector in the works, as well as a boost mode for the Legend (which I think will be an extremely low weighted SMF mode), but no official release dates have been given for either of those.

Please pardon my ignorance, Digalicious, but would you mind clarifying what you mean by "low-weighted"? I’m looking forward to boost mode whenever it gets here.....and the snow to piss off too, haha! 

20 hours ago, My Little Bleeper said:

Please pardon my ignorance, Digalicious, but would you mind clarifying what you mean by "low-weighted"? I’m looking forward to boost mode whenever it gets here.....and the snow to piss off too, haha! 

It's a good question, and we all start somewhere 🙂

Note that most SMF detectors have more than one SMF mode. Despite each mode transmitting and receiving multiple frequencies, each mode has a primary frequency. The primary frequency for each SMF mode, is the frequency that is mainly used to identify the target. The other frequencies are mainly used to balance out various types of ground mineralization. 

It's also why in the manuals, you'll see that a particular SMF mode is used for sensitivity to high conductors (a low primary frequency), with the opposite being true for lower conductor targets. For example, the primary frequency of M1 on the Legend, is around 15 khz, M2 is around 40 khz, and M3 is around 7 khz. 

In general, lower frequencies penetrate the ground deeper, and are more sensitive to high conductors like copper and silver, and less sensitive to lower conductors. That's why I'm suspecting the new boost mode of M4 on the Legend will be weighted (primary frequency), at around 2 khz.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1