Nokta Makro Pulse Induction Gold Prospecting Detector

The Impulse project was severely messed up by releasing a waterproof beach detector prior to the gold detector, it was done the wrong way around, such a small market by comparison.  

I have no idea how long it takes to make a detector from scratch so I've still got my hopes up Nokta are working away on it in the background and will surprise us.  I would say there isn't really room in the market for another PI gold machine, but that's completely wrong.  There is plenty of room, it just has to be at the right price, a reasonable price that makes it an affordable detector for many to use.  If they make it dual purpose with some features that coin and jewellery, relic and even beach hunters would like and also keep the price low they'll hit a home run.

I shouldn't really be advocating for a cheap PI as that means there would likely be more people looking for gold in areas I look, price is what keeps the hobby limited in numbers, not many hobbyists are willing to pay the price and rightly so, unless you're in a very good gold location no matter how many hours you put in it's unlikely you will recover costs so you're doing it for the love, the challenge and that takes the numbers of people willing to do that right down.

If Nokta can do it, and do it at the right price they can expect to open up a whole new market of weekend or even holiday/vacation warriors with detectors, I thought Garrett was going to do that but they went for well-trodden high-priced route and have also quite severely limited their sales doing so.  

I would argue ideally it needs to be a lot better than a TDI, The QED is better than a TDI I hear and it's not quite where this Nokta needs to be to be very enticing, closer to a 4500 or 5000 would be better, anything better than that is pure gravy.    If a QED level is all they can do which you would think they can with it being a one-man job from a garage in rural Australia armed with his 3D printer and some electronics skills then it needs to be priced right more towards VLF pricing for what it is then it would still be a good success I think, but to really cause a stir the GPX 4500 should be the goal post.  There is little reason a PI should cost a lot more than a VLF, the only real thing costing more is the extra battery power it would require although QED's run off two 18650's

• Like 6

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I would argue ideally it needs to be a lot better than a TDI, The QED is better than a TDI I hear and it's not quite where this Nokta needs to be to be very enticing, closer to a 4500 or 5000 would be better, anything better than that is pure gravy.    If a QED level is all they can do which you would think they can with it being a one-man job from a garage in rural Australia armed with his 3D printer and some electronics skills then it needs to be priced right more towards VLF pricing for what it is then it would still be a good success I think, but to really cause a stir the GPX 4500 should be the goal post.  There is little reason a PI should cost a lot more than a VLF, the only real thing costing more is the extra battery power it would require although QED's run off two 18650's

I have always contended that the QED was better than a US model TDI SL or SPP with or without the beefed up battery voltage mod. Now after owning a Reg modded TDI Pro with a normal TDI Pro 14.4V battery, I will take the TDI Pro with threshold warble mod all day over the QED. It is way easier to setup and use than the QED and it's built like a tank but not that heavy. If Nokta can make a slightly better/more sensitive detector than the TDI Pro with more than one ground balance point, lighter weight battery, wireless audio and good coils, great.

• Like 7

I would want a machine as good or better than the gpx6000, including ai if possible,  and auto features of  which I am a huge fan of, multi channels 5+ so no holes in detection of nuggets, don't bother if its a single channel or even a 2 channel machine. Its been done already yrs ago, it won't be a contender. Some manual controls are ok like the 6000 has. Auto GB, auto sensitivity, auto scanning of multiple channels, all is a must.  You must rival Minelab if its to be a success. I would buy one as a backup detector to my Minelabs if the price is right and its a quality machine.

I say if you going to wish you just as well wish big.

While you adding all the above please add a digging arm .

Chuck 

• Haha 1

Well, it wasn't that long ago many of us thought the Equinox was it, nobody could meet or exceed it, then comes the Deus 2 and the Legend, both capable of meeting and exceeding the Equinox in many tasks.  I would not be surprised if Nokta can do it, and do it well, I'm certainly hoping they can, I want one.

• Like 5

I'm betting Nokta will surprise the "market" with their PI unit as much as they did with the Legend. They are very clever and capable on top of being attuned to consumer wants.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 6:57 PM, phrunt said:

The Impulse project was severely messed up by releasing a waterproof beach detector prior to the gold detector, it was done the wrong way around, such a small market by comparison.  

I have no idea how long it takes to make a detector from scratch so I've still got my hopes up Nokta are working away on it in the background and will surprise us.  I would say there isn't really room in the market for another PI gold machine, but that's completely wrong.  There is plenty of room, it just has to be at the right price, a reasonable price that makes it an affordable detector for many to use.  If they make it dual purpose with some features that coin and jewellery, relic and even beach hunters would like and also keep the price low they'll hit a home run.

I shouldn't really be advocating for a cheap PI as that means there would likely be more people looking for gold in areas I look, price is what keeps the hobby limited in numbers, not many hobbyists are willing to pay the price and rightly so, unless you're in a very good gold location no matter how many hours you put in it's unlikely you will recover costs so you're doing it for the love, the challenge and that takes the numbers of people willing to do that right down.

If Nokta can do it, and do it at the right price they can expect to open up a whole new market of weekend or even holiday/vacation warriors with detectors, I thought Garrett was going to do that but they went for well-trodden high-priced route and have also quite severely limited their sales doing so.  

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, I don't understand since all this time they haven't made a high-performance PI detector at a reasonable price. Manufacturers only make new VLF models that all look alike and only make very few changes between them

• Like 4

All I want from Nokta, Minelab or anyone else in a PI is  - raw depth on a coin sized object. Combine that with decent EMI mitigation, and just beat my 5000 in depth and smoothness of tone. I can live without the minor discrimination of iron feature. Come to New England and test your unit side by side with my 5000. If yours wins, I will be the first one to root for you on line.

• Like 2