Nokta Release Pending?

Looks like they need to get off their butt with a new PI machine, before the AlgoForce reaches the US market. 

11 minutes ago, HardPack said:

Nokta now has a real target.

Competition is good

Well if Dilek company is going to come out with a PI detector now would be the time to do it. Getting to the US before this new kid on the block that’s coming from downunder would be a feather in their cap 🧢.

One thing if they did it would come with batteries and a selection of coils. You not going to have to shop around to make your detector work. 
 Like in the past their price point beats most of other companies and I believe they’ll do the same on a PI detector.

Right now the only one who knows that I’m not blowing smoke is Dilek and I do hope she’ll say something.

Chuck 

One of the biggest advantages of the Algoforce is it doesn't come with a coil, you can buy the coil that suits your needs, rather than get given a coil with it you'll never use and have to pay more to buy another one that you do want, I'm looking at you Minelab commander coils.   The coils included with detectors you're paying for, it's not like they're free.  

The battery thing is sensible too, makes it easy to ship, and battery banks are easy to come by and cheap, and again you can pick the one you want based upon your budget, a bigger one for longer battery life or a cheaper one, either way a cheap $30 or so 10000 mAh one will last longer than the 6000 lasts on it's battery by a few hours.  The advantage to a cheaper less mAh one is it will still last a day, and will be lighter.

Very sensible of them not to include these, it's not hard for dealers to start stocking suitable power banks that they recommend, gives them something else to sell and dealers like selling stuff 🙂

@Nokta Detectors need to really pick up the pace, it's been a long time since they started on it and now a new player is in the game, they may have missed the boat, they've certainly lost the opportunity to be the only good quality high performing PI on the market at a cheap price.

If theirs doesn't use GPX coils and doesn't have any significant performance advantage by not using them their sales will suffer because of that too.

Nokta is late but has not missed the boat. They just need to be better than the Algoforce.

Under $4000 we have the

Garrett Axiom at $3995, 4.2 lbs, 6 coils, not submersible
Minelab SDC 2300 at $3599, 5.7 lbs, one hardwired coil with three hard to install aftermarket coils, waterproof but floats like a cork, not really submersible
Garrett ATX at $2120, 6.9 lbs, four overpriced coil with rod included options, fully submersible
Algoforce at approx $1800 with coil and power pack, 4 lbs, dozens of coils options (over 100 if you count used), not submersible.

If I were Nokta I would take the Legend package at 3.0 lbs and add an underarm power pack, leaving more room in the pod for electronics. Keep the whole thing fully submersible at 4 lbs. And just do what Nokta does in providing lots of coils themselves plus getting the aftermarket people on board. The glaring thing missing from the Algoforce is any kind of serious beach capability, and the beach hunters on Friendly Forum have already lambasted the machine for once again leaving them out of the equation. The only real submersible ground balancing beach PI at the moment is the Garrett ATX at $2120 and 6.9 lbs, crappy coil setup.

So Nokta needs a 4 lb fully submersible PI at around $2000 that is at least as good as the Algoforce on gold. By all accounts so far the Algoforce is awesome on small gold, but only ok at best on larger targets. Even the manufacturer downplays the large item capability. So I would be sure the Nokta offering is good on small gold but be sure it beats the Algoforce on coin and ring size targets, playing to both beach hunters and nuggets hunters looking for larger nuggets.

As Steve wrote above and make it very, very good on inland coins & relics in bad dirt.

That's true, moving away from just being gold focused and inclusive of a wider range of users is key to success for Nokta.  They may seem smaller markets for PI's than gold, but that's because they've not had the right product, if it comes out, they have a real opportunity to sell a lot of them.  Find the Algoforces weak points and take advantage of that.  It's a shame we've not heard anything about progress since the start on the PI, the Legend was different, plenty of progress information on it prior to release, perhaps they wanted to do what Algoforce has done and take the market by surprise.

23 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That's true, moving away from just being gold focused and inclusive of a wider range of users is key to success for Nokta.  They may seem smaller markets for PI's than gold, but that's because they've not had the right product, if it comes out, they have a real opportunity to sell a lot of them.  Find the Algoforces weak points and take advantage of that.  It's a shame we've not heard anything about progress since the start on the PI, the Legend was different, plenty of progress information on it prior to release, perhaps they wanted to do what Algoforce has done and take the market by surprise.

I don’t like these deals where we hear about but can’t get detectors for months if not years. Algoforce nailed it for Australia and NZ but here in the states it is the same old waiting game again.we all know Nokta is working on a PI but until they have something that is near ready for release there is little point in saying much more.