Nokta Release Pending?

26 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I don’t like these deals where we hear about but can’t get detectors for months if not years. Algoforce nailed it for Australia and NZ but here in the states it is the same old waiting game again. We all know Nokta is working on a PI but until they have something that is near ready for release there is little point in saying much more.

I guess, it was just 2 years ago they first indicated they're working on it....  so by now it would have been nice to have something, or at least an indication it's not far away or real proper official confirmation it's even coming, we may very well be waiting on nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I guess, it was just 2 years ago they first indicated they're working on it....  so by now it would have been nice to have something, or at least an indication it's not far away or real proper official confirmation it's even coming, we may very well be waiting on nothing.

I know what you guys are up to - just trying to pry a comment out of Dilek. :smile: Who knows, might work, always worth the effort.

Of course it is coming, they have said that already. I would take a lack of official information or announcement as meaning it is not next week nor even next month. By the way Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, and XP are all working on new products and always will be until they go out of business. XP could surprise us with a new PI next month. Speculation about upcoming new product keeps the forum fueled and I appreciate that, but in the real world if you need something now, buy it. If not, wait. Procrastination almost always pays of in the world of technology. That huge OLED TV I have been eyeing for years just keeps getting better and cheaper, better and cheaper......... 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I know what you guys are up to - just trying to pry a comment out of Dilek. :smile: Who knows, might work, always worth the effort.

You're onto me! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It’s like wishing in one hand for Dilek to say something and spitting in the other hand but the only response I’ve had is the hand I’ve been spitting in. What it had to say was why you spitting on me haven’t I serviced you well.

Chuck 

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

but in the real world if you need something now, buy it. If not, wait

That's very true.  If your always waiting for the "latest and greatest", by the time it's back in stock, it's not the latest and greatest anymore.  Noktas coming PI has me intrigued, mainly because they seem to put out a good product at a fair price. It will be interesting to see what it actually turns out to be, and whether or not it will be direct competition for the algoforce.  The only reason AlgoForce wasn't hassled to hurry up, is because in our world, they didn't exist until they were available.  And now that they do, there are already people waiting for the e2500 lol  it keeps us occupied for sure! And I may or may not be guilty of trying to squeeze a hint out of nokta. It's only an addicts nature to do so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HardPack said:

Join Nokta Detectors at IWA OutdoorClassics 2024! 📍 Booth: Hall 4 / 4-537, Nuremberg, Germany 📅 29 Feb - 3 Mar. Don't miss the chance to explore our latest products. See you there! #NoktaDetectors #iwa2024

Booked my flight yesterday.🙃

You booked a flight from Nevada to Germany to see a Nokta booth? Boy you are keen! 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, phrunt said:

You booked a flight from Nevada to Germany to see a Nokta booth?

Haven’t seen the sun for a week I’ m ready for a flight anywhere booth or no booth.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2