Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Avantree Interested In Hearing From You

In our experience, Bone Conduction headphones are not very loud. At max volume, they are not as loud as Air Conduction headphones such as the Avantree Lingo or the Avantree Resolve, and much softer than in-ear models such as Airpods and Samsung buds.

We can look into boosting the volume for Bone Conduction headphones, but so far it seems like they are the quietest option, which may not be great for you if you're trying to hear the subtle beeps. The Torus' speaker may be a better option if you want to be aware of your surroundings.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Wiggins said:

In our experience, Bone Conduction headphones are not very loud. At max volume, they are not as loud as Air Conduction headphones such as the Avantree Lingo or the Avantree Resolve, and much softer than in-ear models such as Airpods and Samsung buds.

We can look into boosting the volume for Bone Conduction headphones, but so far it seems like they are the quietest option, which may not be great for you if you're trying to hear the subtle beeps. The Torus' speaker may be a better option if you want to be aware of your surroundings.

totally agree with you Wiggins, on the Bone Conduction headphones

Hi Wiggins at one time I had a pair of these that I used when I was the foreman on a landscape maintenance crew for a school district, I would actually wear them while running a mower which mowers have very loud volumes when the blades and engine is running

I would listen to music through these while I was operating a mower and they had great volume that I could hear music over the mower through these, they were made by Panasonic and are no longer in production, they were produced back in the early 2000s 

https://www.aptx.com/products/panasonic-btg-s10-bone-conduction-headset

if Avantree could produce something like these I believe they would work great for Metal Detecting

Sure, I brought up bone conduction to my boss, we're considering producing them, need to run it by our engineers and product team, and also gauge interest from the community.

On another note, would any of you be interested in a durable clip-on speaker with aptX Low Latency?

Similar to this DeWalt device: https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Wearable-Bluetooth-Resistant-Hands-Free/dp/B0B11LNX21

image.thumb.png.edb364283e53c15c263e0b514aa9f663.png

At the moment, the frontrunners for our development would be:

1: Upgraded version of Torus with better durability

2: Clip-on speaker with aptX Low Latency

3: NB18 style neckband earbuds with aptX Low Latency 

4: Bone conduction headphones with aptX Low Latency

All of these devices if developed would come with the Relay Bluetooth transmitter (aptX Low Latency enabled) and a 3.5mm-6.35mm jack.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All four would be brilliant, the clip on speaker would be fantastic especially if water resistant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wiggins said:

Sure, I brought up bone conduction to my boss, we're considering producing them, need to run it by our engineers and product team, and also gauge interest from the community.

On another note, would any of you be interested in a durable clip-on speaker with aptX Low Latency?

Similar to this DeWalt device: https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Wearable-Bluetooth-Resistant-Hands-Free/dp/B0B11LNX21

image.thumb.png.edb364283e53c15c263e0b514aa9f663.png

At the moment, the frontrunners for our development would be:

1: Upgraded version of Torus with better durability

2: Clip-on speaker with aptX Low Latency

3: NB18 style neckband earbuds with aptX Low Latency 

4: Bone conduction headphones with aptX Low Latency

All of these devices if developed would come with the Relay Bluetooth transmitter (aptX Low Latency enabled) and a 3.5mm-6.35mm jack.

As @phrunt said in his reply all four would go over big with us detectorist, with the four different types you posted up there would be something for each and everyone of us detectorist we would have to look no further than Avantree for our detecting, hearing devices, they would all work 

• Like 2

Never had an issue with the Torus paired to the 6000. Works very well.

More rugged housing would be good but apart from that, I have no complaints at all.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Zaj56 said:

I really like the idea of the clip on speaker!

Thats the one I am really interested in also, but having a choice of four would be great

• Like 1