Avantree Interested In Hearing From You

I bought a Torus this past summer based on the reviews here and on other forums. Worked great listening to music but audio was broken when connected to equinox and another LL transmitter adapter. Contacted customer support and they were great. Shipped out a replacement and all is good now.

The ear buds interest me. I do frequently use the ones in the Torus when it's very windy or near heavy surf and I'm more of a fan of tethered ones so I'm are less likely to lose one if it falls out (I'm amazed how often I see a single ear bud on the ground when I'm out cycling or hiking/walking - I know that would be me).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Norvic said:

Love the Torus on speaker, have used them extensively and exclusively on the 6K since its production, for me a low latency reliable neckband speaker is the go, ear buds or over ear muffs are out.

Man I just dont get the performance of them on speaker versus the buds. I get more EMI and waaay less signal quality on the speaker. Im on my second pair, I overworked my first pair and use them around the house working on stuff now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GeoBill said:

I bought a Torus this past summer based on the reviews here and on other forums. Worked great listening to music but audio was broken when connected to equinox and another LL transmitter adapter. Contacted customer support and they were great. Shipped out a replacement and all is good now.

The ear buds interest me. I do frequently use the ones in the Torus when it's very windy or near heavy surf and I'm more of a fan of tethered ones so I'm are less likely to lose one if it falls out (I'm amazed how often I see a single ear bud on the ground when I'm out cycling or hiking/walking - I know that would be me).

I have never had any issues with mine having broken audio, I use them with the Legend, Axiom, and 24K all the time and the Torus have the clearest audio of any headphone or earbud I have ever tried,with the Axiom and 24K i have to use a wireless transmitter but the Legend the Torus connect rite up to the Legend Bluetooth, if yours are doing as you stated you may want to contact Avantree, they do have great customer service.

A weatherproof version of the Torus (or over ear phones or neckband anchored earbuds) would be great.  Also, I have proprietary wireless metal detecting equipment that is not necessarily easy to plug a transmitter into the headphone jack because it is a waterproof, multi-pin connector.  So having a Torus or nechband phones with an aux input jack would be welcome.

Headphones are a deal killer for me.  If they don't interfere with my glasses, they interfere with my hat.  Usually they interfere with both.  Because ear-buds won't stay in place with my ears in rough environments, the only thing with bluetooth tech that works for me is my headband-mounted external speakers.  I do use your tech connected to my headband.  I may be experiencing interference though.  I haven't decided what's going on yet.

On 1/3/2024 at 3:16 PM, Chet said:

I love the Avantree Torus and would purchase Avantree Bone Conduction phones if they were available with the same Torus bluetooth receiver.

The one thing with Bone Conduction headphones is every pair I have tried is the volume is not loud enough, If Avantree could come up with some bone conduction headphones that has good volume and can connect to the aptX LL that most detectors with wireless capabilities utilize I would purchase a pair in a heartbeat, the Bone Conduction phones I used worked good but as I stated the volume needed to be louder than what is currently available and that includes the Avantree Lingo's, they work great with my Cell but with a detector they were very low volume and it made it a struggle to hear the tones and threshold if there was wind going on, using a pair of earplugs helps but earplugs kind of defeat the purpose for me because you are now back to not being able to hear what is going on around you

I also Like @Lunk idea of that speaker

• Like 3

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your feedback! It's awesome to see all the support for our products and all of the product ideas that you've come up with.

Now we know why low latency is so important to you. Unfortunately, aptX Low Latency is starting to be phased out by Qualcomm in favor of atpX Adaptive, which has slightly more latency but better sound quality. For us, most of our newer products will most likely be using atpX Adaptive.

Bluetooth LE Audio is a new technology that we want to be the pioneers of. With LE Audio, you can enjoy latency as low as 20-30ms (https://www.gizchina.com/2023/08/10/bluetooth-le-audio/). In fact, we're working on an LE Audio Receiver called the AS70P, which allows you to use any wired headphones as wireless with LE Audio. https://avantree.com/as70p-bluetooth-adapter-for-headphones

Of course, the sender/transmitter must be sending an LE Audio signal, which I imagine is not supported by many detectors at the moment. It's mostly the latest smartphones that currently support LE Audio. So this product might not be the most useful in your use case.

What we could do is make an LE Audio transmitter (similar to the Relay but with LE Audio support) and a pair of LE Audio neckband headphones. Would something like this interest you?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have to say that this is so awesome that a company is reaching out to a niche hobby such as metal detecting. 👏 

I love using the Tourus on my  minelab 6000, and 800. I also use them on my 7000 with a rx/TX adapter. I also use the Tourus all week at work as a carpenter listening to music and podcasts. I do tend wear the battery out fast at work because of the volume at full. I'm not really up to date on all of the latest technology mumbo-jumbo,  so some layman's terms might help with some of the old dogs in this group. Again thanks for reaching out to out wonderful family of detecting fools. 😆

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wiggins said:

What we could do is make an LE Audio transmitter (similar to the Relay but with LE Audio support) and a pair of LE Audio neckband headphones. Would something like this interest you?

That would absolutely work also, Thank you Avantree for being willing to listen to us detectorist looking forward to what your company comes out with

even a speaker as @Lunk suggested would work as long as there was a LE transmitter included I think that would be great

A speaker would also have to have a way to clip it to a harness also

just keep in mind what ever Avantree comes up with needs to be water Proof and dust Proof

• Like 2

This is very exciting Avantree are working with detector users to come up with the ideal product, A Bluetooth LE transmitter that can be easily mounted onto a detector with a short audio cable to plug into a detector along with a Torus type neckband with LE and as low latency as possible would be fantastic.  It would be ideal if the Torus type device was made a bit more rugged for outdoor use, these things get dirty, bashed around a bit and the cloth type design of the Torus isn't ideal for metal detecting.  A hard plastic shell with no cloth material would be better, a bit like the Technica atpX LL ones and water resistant so they can be used in rain would be great, no need for full waterproof, people aren't going swimming with the things on and that would limit their performance for most land users..

AT-NSP700TV|AV Accessories|Speakers|Audio-Technica

teknica.thumb.jpg.619a24c050b38c770e4218d35d9a40e4.jpg

I prefer the Torus shape and design better than this, but this is more rugged of a build for outdoor detecting use so a merger of this hard-shell plastic with the Torus design.  The pull-out ear buds of the Torus are great too for when high wind comes into play, remembering to make everything as tough as possible so some really durable wire. 

The Torus has ideal volume level too, so it would be good to be able to keep it as loud as the Torus.

I think you've got the right ideas going on already Wiggins.

Anything with worse latency that aptX LL would be rejected by most as not usable, as it causes you to dig your holes offset from where the target is, the lower the latency the better but with LE being as low as 20ms with a lower bitrate that would be great.

• Like 3