I Am Melbeta

I was with Compass Electronics forum, since I believe 1996 time period. It changed hands, brought in new operating software, I had READ ONLY access, no access to POSTING, I complained, no success in getting it changed, so decided it had technical problems, so deleted all of my posts there, delected all of my postings, delected any technical material I posted as well, and then checked, and I was out of it. So I left it saddly. But it was no my fault, it was modern software I think. Not sure right now, but I am moved to here. This is my main location. I used to work Colorado, all the gold producing areas, and specifically the Cripple Creek Mining District, but moved further northeast, longer distance for driving time,  and older now as well, so staying closer now to where I live today.

I knew Charles Garrett, knew Ray Smith his brother in law, dealer with both of them. I knew George Payne, met him in each place he worked, knew him personally at Tek Ltd, Bounty Hunter, Compass, and other companies as well.  I knew the guy who ended up with National Treasure Hunters League, but forgot his name right now. He made a trip to my downtown store, and set me up with Fisher electronics. I knew Ken White SR, even though he did not have the SR in his name, never knew his son, was a dealer for Whites Electronics, and Ken White was the friendliest person in metal detectors. He fixed all of my Whites Electronics machines I took in with trades, and never charged me a dime, nor charged me any return shipping. He said, "It has my name on it", and  he wanted it in the final upgrade, and that was okay with me too. I knew Ron Mack at Compass personally, he flew to town, took me out to dinner, offered me a dealership, but I had to turn him down as it had a stipulation I had to give up my real estate business, and I had a good running two real estate offices, and I was the Operating Broker for the entire business, so I kept it until selling out to my other partner.

So here I am, knowledgeable regarding placer gold operations, knowledgeable regard gold, silver, and other chemical refining. That should be sufficient bragging so I stop here and now. I also do a bit of writing. I do not like or use English Composition, I write like I speak. I stuck in to a story about the history of Colorado Springs, CO some historic finds I made, so my first posting, is some ENHANCED PHOTOS in the booklet, which I did for fun, never printed it, or sold any copies, I gave them away to people for free. So here today is myself. And here for my first posting, is the free historical story, of Colorado Springs CO, and inserted into it, is some of my historical finds... Enjoy it, I did making it!

Melbeta

• Like 5

I hope you don't mind, I am going to tell some friends of mine, that I am now moved from the Compass forum to this forum.  I did stick in one booklet I wrote, above, and to make sure I full fill the entire New Accounts MUST POST AT LEAST ONCE, I am going to stick in a second booklet, when I was an National  Park Ranger, at the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, outside of Holbrook AZ. I roomed with the famouns author Edward Paul Abbey, and his signature is inside this ENHANCED PHOTOS of the booklet

I put together for my kids so they knew a bit about what I did in the past. They keep asking me tell us this and tell us that, so I put it into booklet form for them. Readable, not printable you see... So far I have not recalled where I stored the booklet on the Petrified Forest, so am sticking in a booklet I put together on Gold and Silver ore. I think it will be better received by the readers in this forum. I enhanced each photo of the precious gold and silver ore so one will find it exceedingly well received. Enjoy it, I enjoyed putting it together... Again, it is READ ONLY copy, one cannot print it out. I do it to protect my enhanced photos!

Melbeta

Gold and Silver Booklet vs5.0_s_.pdf

• Like 3

Melbeta,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your booklets, really nice history lesson and definitely a great article on Colorado's minerals. My friend used to do chip sampling in Cripple Creek and had some nice and unique mineral specimens from there.

Ron

• Thanks 1

He Jerry,

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to upload books to maintain membership, though your contributions are welcome I am sure. Your first hello post was all you need to insure the account is not deleted later for being inactive. Just an FYI also - any pdf which can be downloaded and viewed can be printed also by whoever downloads it if they simply take the time to screenshot each page and print it. There are also many easy to obtain software options for cracking pdf files allowing them to be edited and printed. I'm not trying to scare you off, but just letting you know. Again, welcome to the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum.  You will find this a welcoming place.  And there is a lot of good information here and people wishing to learn more about prospecting.  So you came to the right place.  I am sure people will appreciate what appears to be a vast amount of experience you have.

Doc

• Thanks 1

Just now, Doc said:

Welcome to the forum.  You will find this a welcoming place.  And there is a lot of good information here and people wishing to learn more about prospecting.  So you came to the right place.  I am sure people will appreciate what appears to be a vast amount of experience you have.

Doc

Ahhhh Doc. In the past, I did some technical material on RyePatch_NV. I studied Geology at the Univ of Nebr, worked for the U.S. Dept of the Interior, in the Natl Park Service as well. Did a good booklet on Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, was there in 1961. Was on the Oregon Trail in 1960. Love the NPS, but income was quite low back then, so went into my own business back in 1962. Been in my own business ever since. Yes, I have a lot of experience prospecting in Colorado. Even found three meteorites. If I can figure it out, I will stick in a photo of some of my high grade Cripple Creek ore. It is for Ron, who had mentioned Cripple Creek in the first posting...

1 hour ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Melbeta,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your booklets, really nice history lesson and definitely a great article on Colorado's minerals. My friend used to do chip sampling in Cripple Creek and had some nice and unique mineral specimens from there.

Ron

Melbeta

Photo_002a.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome, look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Just now, Melbeta said:

Ahhhh Doc. In the past, I did some technical material on RyePatch_NV. I studied Geology at the Univ of Nebr, worked for the U.S. Dept of the Interior, in the Natl Park Service as well. Did a good booklet on Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, was there in 1961. Was on the Oregon Trail in 1960. Love the NPS, but income was quite low back then, so went into my own business back in 1962. Been in my own business ever since. Yes, I have a lot of experience prospecting in Colorado. Even found three meteorites. If I can figure it out, I will stick in a photo of some of my high grade Cripple Creek ore. It is for Ron, who had mentioned Cripple Creek in the first posting...

Melbeta

Photo_002a.jpg

Did an good booklet and study on a man named Hye L McCall II, deceased now, he was sponsored By Fisher metal detectors in the past, so I studied his work and his prospecting experience, and right below, for all of you who read, is Hye's material... MELBETA

Hye L McCall II prospecting_s_vs5.0.pdf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MSC said:

Welcome, look forward to hearing from you in the future.

MSC, one time, I gathered over 40 ounces of gold together, some from prospecting, some from rescue from electronics scrap, etc, etc. Still got it, wait for a better time to sell it to a refinery. Price seems to be still heading upward so I still hold it in my bank vault. I used the one who used to be located in NY just in Buffalo NY, who has since moved to another state. they were the most honest refinery I dealt with in the past. Like I said, forgot their name right right now. Whoopes, it just popped into my mind, HOOVER & STRONG I believe it was.... I still got a large supply of electrolytic liquid for jewelry making as I used to do lost wax casting when I was younger and better able to do it. I also did jewelry fabrication too. Not much I have not been involved with in my life time.

Melbeta

• Like 1