We Lost John Blennart Of Tucson

6 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

And I was one of those on site witnesses. Frank was having trouble pinpointing the exact location of that nugget in the deep wide hole he had dug. I hollered down to him from above the wash he was in asking if he was on to something. He asked if I had a smaller coil and yes I did so I brought my machine down to him. After a couple of swings and a couple more scoops of dirt he put a handful of dirt into my hand with a huge grin on his face. The nugget was still covered in dirt but I felt the extra weight and knew immediately that he had his target. I wanted to clean the dirt off right away but out of respect I handed the nugget still covered in dirt back to Frank so he would see the first sight of it. Once he saw it there were a few words spewing from his mouth not in anger but pure joy of finding that nugget in the wash. As I recall the hole it came out of was pretty deep. I'm guessing at this point probably about 2 feet ... maybe a bit more. Great find Frank and glad I could share a small part of it with you.

Mike do you know if Frank still lives at 3335?

Doc

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Frank,

Do you still live at 3325?

Keep an eye out in your mail box.  I have something I know JB would want you to have to go with that certificate.

Doc

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

Mike do you know if Frank still lives at 3335?

Doc

You posted a different number in your earlier post/question.

@dirtman

@Mike Furness

10 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

You posted a different number in your earlier post/question.

@dirtman

@Mike Furness

Sorry, it was a typo, Just talked to Frank and confirmed he's still at 3325.

Thank you,

Doc

• Like 2

I also remember when, in 2012, I posted a 1.9oz nugget I had found that two weeks later a one-ouncer certificate 

arrived in the mail. 

One of the nicest things I've ever been given.

• Like 7

On 3/14/2024 at 7:54 PM, Jim P. said:

but not until I passed the initiation of sniffing and licking the Coprolite he kept near the front door.🤢

That Coprolite seen a lot of tongue.  LOL.    His business card had everything covered from Elephant trainer to Bordello inspector. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 4:18 PM, dirtman said:

Great Speaking with you today Doc, and I kindly appreciate your thoughtfulness. 

Tracking:  9400111206210391483748

Met John B. many moons ago and he gave me permission to hunt his claims on many occasions in Gold Basin. He even sent me a piece of Meteorit that was found in Montana and I to belong to that 1 ouncer club with a 5.56oz piece I found. Yes, John was a Gold master guy in more ways than one. May he R.I.P. 

• Like 3

I never met John B in person, but knew him through phone conversations and email. If I remember correctly, he found most of his Gold with his White's Gold Masters. He had a website and had photos with a table covered with Gold nuggets and specimens. He bought himself a Minelab SD2000 and complained about the gold it couldn't see. I got with Minelab (I was a dealer back then), and they replaced it with an SD2100. I don't remember if that helped him or not. Last time I was in touch with him was about a year ago, and he said he couldn't get out any longer as his health had gone down.

John B also liked Rattlesnakes and offered me an albino.

RIP John B (Goldmaster)

• Like 1