I Am Melbeta

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

He Jerry,

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to upload books to maintain membership, though your contributions are welcome I am sure. Your first hello post was all you need to insure the account is not deleted later for being inactive. Just an FYI also - any pdf which can be downloaded and viewed can be printed also by whoever downloads it if they simply take the time to screenshot each page and print it. There are also many easy to obtain software options for cracking pdf files allowing them to be edited and printed. I'm not trying to scare you off, but just letting you know. Again, welcome to the forum.

Steve, I did not think about that feature. You are right, but at least then they have to create their own booklet or just staple all the sheets together. I used to take screen shots together, and did stich them into large sized vintage maps. I got the stitching software free from Bill Gates. But that was a long time ago. I still have that software, and still use it myself. So I should think about that now and not post some material...I used to deal in vintage maps as well as vintage books. If I remember right, I think you did some gold prospecting yourself STEVE???? 

Melbeta

Just now, Melbeta said:

Steve, I did not think about that feature. You are right, but at least then they have to create their own booklet or just staple all the sheets together. I used to take screen shots together, and did stich them into large sized vintage maps. I got the stitching software free from Bill Gates. But that was a long time ago. I still have that software, and still use it myself. So I should think about that now and not post some material...I used to deal in vintage maps as well as vintage books. If I remember right, I think you did some gold prospecting yourself STEVE???? 

Melbeta

Steve, you said deleted for not being active. What is the term limits that determine active vs inactive? Oh, I am also a gun collector, is there a division in your forum for gun lovers???

Melbeta

2 hours ago, Melbeta said:

Steve, you said deleted for not being active. What is the term limits that determine active vs inactive? Oh, I am also a gun collector, is there a division in your forum for gun lovers???

Melbeta

The terms are simple and as I noted you already satisfied it by making one post. Inactive means people who join and never post once. Not just inactive - never active. No, there is no discussion on these forums about anything that is not strictly metal detecting and gold prospecting. That means most especially anything that has even the remotest smell of political disagreement around it and I would put guns in that category. All available forums are listed on the main forum home page.

As far as your books go, unless you think that you are going to be selling them for the big bucks there is little to fear from anyone copying or printing them. Kind of the whole point of writing stuff is to have people read it, so no reason in keeping it to yourself, unless you think you are going to publish and sell them.

Yeah, I’ve found a little gold over the years. :smile:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Melbeta said:

Yes, I have a lot of experience prospecting in Colorado

Looking forward to reading about your Colorado prospecting experiences. Had family that worked quartz mines in the Montrose/Gunnison area in the 1930’s. They had some interesting tales of underground mining. Glad you joined the forum.

Hi Jerry! This is your old friend Charles. Glade you are here on the forum. Jerry has valuable knowledge regarding metal detectors and many companies' history. I joined the forum a while back but have not been posting. Will post more often. Charles

On 1/11/2024 at 8:55 PM, millardcc said:

Hi Jerry! This is your old friend Charles. Glade you are here on the forum. Jerry has valuable knowledge regarding metal detectors and many companies' history. I joined the forum a while back but have not been posting. Will post more often. Charles

Hi Charles, thanks for the good reference. Glad to see you are here as well.

Melbeta

Back in time, to the early 1980s, gold began to rise in price and value. I was running my own real estate company, had a lot of sales people, but I was a detector guy. I put together a training manual, on Step by Step on Buying Scrap Precious Metals. It was very informative, and I was into refining, buying, selling, etc. Now this is an read only booklet, that I wrote, but if you are into gold and silver, it will be

very informative to anyone. I had met an old assayer fellow, he worked for various refinery companies, liked me, and he taught me this stuff. Gone today though.  Read it, and let me know how you like it...

Well, tried, it is larger then the 9.77 file size, so cannot insert it. I am going to stick in the photo of the cover though, as I still sell copies of it, but on a CD disk now. I made a lot of money buying scrap gold and silver, and then selling it to the refinery...

Melbeta

001_Cover_001.jpg