Where It All Started

My first "real" detector. Works as it should. One of my best recent finds.home.thumb.jpg.2cb895e15909efd15afc34d2b44f19ff.jpg

• Like 9

Please give us a run down on it's capabilities in an experienced operator's hands. (now that you are not quite a kiid anymore😉)  It will be good to realize how far equipment has come from those pioneer machines.  I wish I could get my D Tex BFO back to operating.

• Like 1

At first glance it looks like you can polish floors with it too. Really cool!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• The title was changed to Where It All Started
2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

It's a beauty, George.  When did you get your first one?

17 hours ago, JCR said:

Please give us a run down on it's capabilities in an experienced operator's hands. (now that you are not quite a kiid anymore😉)  It will be good to realize how far equipment has come from those pioneer machines.  I wish I could get my D Tex BFO back to operating.

l I was 18 in 69. The detector will not pick up any small iron and foil, but I found coins and gold jewelry with it. To turn it on you just plug the headphones in. You use the coil knob (built in) to adjust it to the ground, then you fine tune the sound using the knob on the body.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

I bought my first detector in 1972.  A White's Coinmaster III.  I remember the Metrotech.  At the time it was between that detector, my White's and a Relco as I recall.  I remember looking at Gardiner detectors but they had giant search coils and that scared me off.  In the end my mother told me to buy the White's with my paper route money and she invested $50.00 of her own money since I was short of the funds.  She was my number one detecting partner well into her 80's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

I bought my first detector in 1972.  A White's Coinmaster III.  I remember the Metrotech.  At the time it was between that detector, my White's and a Relco as I recall.  I remember looking at Gardiner detectors but they had giant search coils and that scared me off.  In the end my mother told me to buy the White's with my paper route money and she invested $50.00 of her own money since I was short of the funds.  She was my number one detecting partner well into her 80's.

Mom is always right. She was a very wise Lady.

• Like 1